HOME

Sunday, July 10, 2005

100 more things about Jennifer

As if everyone is just dying to know even MORE about me...

100 MORE Things About Jennifer:
101. I like making lists and Excel Spreadsheets.
102. I enjoy peeling tape or stickers off things, especially the security tape on CDs and DVDs.
103. When I eat roasted peanuts, I pour a small amount in the lid, eat the whole ones first, eat the halves that have flavor on only one side second, and save the halves with goodie on both sides for last.
104. Sometimes I check my email over and over, as if someone might be writing me that very second, and I must refresh my mailbox to see if they have hit "send" yet.
105. I have a slight obsessive-compulsive streak. Who would have thought?
106. I tend to hold a grudge. Not in that "chip on your shoulder" kind of way, but more in that "once bitten, twice shy" sort of way.
107. Sometimes I forget to eat.
108. I like to hoard food, and I get angry when people eat it before I planned on eating it.
109. When eating, I like to save the bite that looks like it will be the most delicious one for very last. If, when I eat it, I realize it wasn't the very best bite, I feel cheated.
110. Sometimes, I will accidentally drop the very last bite onto the floor/ground before I get a chance to eat it, and that makes me sad.
111. I try not to eat things when I drop them on the floor, but sometimes I will if I dropped something that wasn't sticky.
112. I'm clutzy. Extremely clutzy.
113. I usually spill a drink on myself at least once a day.
114. This is why I usually drink water, aside from the fact that it's good for me.
115. I can listen to the same CD on loop for days or months at a time without getting tired of it.
116. I've been listening to the same CD all day today.
117. My officemate moved out in May 2005, and I was very lonely at work.
118. I'm scared to go places by myself.
119. Sometimes, I'll drive around outside of somewhere I need to go by myself, but I just can't manage to go in. I usually eventually go in, but only after at least 30 minutes of driving around.
120. After my officemate left, I had no one to go out to lunch with, walk to my car with, or to go sit in the sun with.
121. I feel lost sometimes.
122. There have been moments where I'm driving, and I absolutely have no idea where I am. I snap out of it and figure it out eventually.
123. I love getting non-work-related email.
124. I don't like answering the phone.
125. I also don't like calling people.
126. I've gotten into heated arguments before to get other people to call someone. I really don't like calling people.
127. I prefer not to be the first person to walk into a room.
128. I get annoyed at men who won't walk through the door if I'm holding it open for them.
129. I get annoyed at people who don't at least make an attempt to hold the door open as they're exiting when you're leaving right behind them. Come on, people. It's only common courtesy not to let the door slam in someone's face.
130. I'm having trouble remembering what I did or didn't put on the first "100 Things" list. I'm thinking there will probably be some repeats in here.
131. I don't like rap music.
132. I despise Britney Spears and all she represents.
133. If while I sit in my office, my back is to the door, it is disconcerting for me.
134. I changed the arrangement of my office furniture, and I enjoyed it immensely.
135. I would rather be in a smaller office, because it doesn't feel so lonely.
136. Most people hide their oddities much better than I do.
137. I feel very awkward in public places or large gatherings.
138. I like words that look like what they mean - like "awkward," "conspicuous," "evil," "peculiar," "frustrating," "blissful," and so on.
139. I like to make up my own words.
140. I also like to make up my own titles for songs.
141. I misunderstand lyrics more than most people. For instance, until recently, I thought the Tom Petty song "Running Down a Dream" was "Running Down the Drain."
142. Going to karaoke opened my eyes to a lot of song lyrics that I didn't know I was misunderstanding.
143. I like to name inanimate objects and plants.
144. I'm an incurable pack-rat. I get very attached to objects.
148. When eating pancakes, I cut every bite into little perfect geometric shapes, move them all to the back half of my plate, prop the back end of the plate up by placing a face-down spoon under it, and pour the syrup on the front half of the plate. This way, the syrup doesn't touch the pancakes. This process is very time-consuming, but well worth the trouble.
149. I like to put maple syrup in my coffee at the Waffle House.
150. I like my hash browns scattered with lots of ketchup.
151. I don't eat meat.
152. I don't drink dairy, eat ice cream, or eat cheese.
153. The one exclusion to this rule is cheesecake. I must preserve my sanity.
154. I still eat things made with milk like cookies, cakes, chocolate, and so on. I love sweets.
155. My favorite cake (besides cheescake) is angel food cake.
156. I also love chocolate cake.
157. Strawberry cake with cream cheese icing is another of my favorites.
158. This is making me really hungry.
159. I like to get cake for my birthday, but I get depressed when a ton is left over, and there's no one to help me eat it.
160. I had one surprise party thrown for me (but I saw it coming... hehe).
161. My birthday is easily forgotten, as it falls right after the infamous 9/11.
162. That's okay, though. It's never bothered me when people forget things like that.
163. I'm a Virgo.
164. I have grown to totally fit the typical description of a Virgo as I get older.
165. I'm very predictable (once you get to know me).
166. I'm also very sensible.
167. Sometimes, I'm too predictable and sensible. I forget how to have fun.
168. I like to frolic, though.
169. I usually end up hurting myself when I frolic.
170. I worry excessively, though I try not to.
171. When someone is running late, my first thought is usually "what if they're face-down in a ditch somewhere?!"
172. When someone is sick, I want to feed them soup, make them hot tea, give them vitamins/medication, and tuck them into bed.
173. It's a shame I'm not having children, because I would make an excellent grandmother.
174. I pour all my need for nurturing into caring for my pets and friends.
175. I clean like a whirlwind. I pick up whatever I see first, move it where it needs to be, find something else, move it where it needs to be, find something else, move it... you get the picture. In about an hour, you can see a marked change for the better.
176. Once I finish with the surface cleaning, I then get down to the nitty-gritty scrubbing and such, which takes much longer.
177. I only do in-depth cleaning when I'm in a Cleaning Mood.
178. My Cleaning Moods only come around once in a blue moon.
179. Stay far, far away from me when I'm in a Cleaning Mood.
180. Stay far, far away from me when I'm in any of my strange moods. You might get hurt. Seriously. I've been known to bite.
181. My cats like to bite each other. I usually scold them when they play rough and tell them to "play nicely, boys." They look at me like I'm crazy. I suppose it's warranted.
182. I used to have a cat meowing sound on my AOL account when I signed on. When this sound played, O'Malley would almost always promptly start humping Osiris.
183. This amused me for a while. Then, it began to disturb me, so I took the cat meow sound away.
184. I've always had an obsession with cats as far back as I can remember.
185. As a child, I always wanted a cat to cuddle in the bed with me at night.
186. O'Malley and Osiris cuddle in the bed with me, and that makes me very happy.
187. I tend to obsess over things and people. Not all these obsessions are healthy ones, but I suppose everyone has their vices. It could be worse.
188. Since I know I have a tendency to become obsessed, I try to stay away from things that are addictive for most people (chemicals, games, et cetera). I figure avoidance will save me from a lot of trouble, in the end.
189. One game I should have avoided ever playing is Minesweeper.
190. When I play Minesweeper, I set it on the largest possible custom playing field with 200 bombs.
191. I like a challenge, and I've never beaten it on this setting.
192. Luckily for me, I've yet to find a good version of Minesweeper for the Mac. I still have it on the PC, though, I rarely use the PC.
193. I love my Mac.
194. Michael talked me into getting the 23" flat-panel widescreen monitor (not sure if I used those terms correctly, but who cares?), and it spoiled me.
195. It takes a lot to get me to spend my money. I hoard it.
196. When I go shopping, I rarely buy anything that isn't on sale or clearance.
197. I wrote the first "100 Things" list all at once. I wrote this one over the course of several sittings. You can kind of tell where I stopped and started up again.
198. That bothers me. Part of me wants to go back and edit it, so it flows through more smoothly.
199. Then, the lazy part of me says "screw it, no one will care but you."
200. The lazy part of me won. Can you tell?

Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer at 7/10/2005 08:49:00 PM



8 comments:
Blogger Tickles_Tapeworm said...

I know what you mean about stopping and starting the list. It's weird, because I just finished edition 2 last night, and I think I need to go over it again before I post it.

And now you frickin' made me want cake. Thanks again ;P

7/11/2005 12:17:00 AM  



Blogger Lara said...

So many of those are things I would have said! It's nice to find a kindred spirit. :)

7/11/2005 01:24:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Tickles, you should post more of your list. I like 100 Things lists (obviously), but not just about me. I like to read about other people, too. It simplifies the getting-to-know-you process.

AMG, nice to know I'm not the only weirdo out there. hehe :^)

7/11/2005 09:23:00 PM  



Blogger SuperP. said...

104
107
109
115
122
175

ME TOOO.. lol!!!

7/11/2005 11:18:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

122? And here I was thinking I was the only semi-sane person out there with temporary dissociative issues... :^)

7/12/2005 07:21:00 AM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Yeah, that's true. I'll have to add that one to my next list. I do enjoy making lists.

7/12/2005 02:20:00 PM  



Blogger SuperP. said...

LOL! These lists are awesome. I think I'll make another one, too. And, hey! ~ Thanks!! I hit number two on hot bloggers! I don't know the requirements, but I'm perfectly happy as a little clam to know that I made them. I think.. well.. hm, now.. I guess that does sort of depend on the requirements. Anyhow...

7/14/2005 07:25:00 PM  



Blogger Tickles_Tapeworm said...

ok, part deux should be out this weekend.

And may I just add that the newest media addition to my blog warrants up bump up from #9...

7/15/2005 07:47:00 AM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.