HOME

Sunday, June 05, 2005

taking the time for a number of things that weren't important yesterday

I'm updating. FINALLY. I know, I know. I've neglected my weblog. My poor, pitiful little neglected piece of cyberspace. I'm a bad weblog mother. But I will try to make up for it in the near future.

I'll start with a recap of the aforementioned Pennsylvania trip...

My sister-in-law, her dog, and I made a trip up to Pennsylvania to paint my father-in-law's cabin. All the walls were plain white, and he wanted us to do something creative with it. So, we were creative with it.

[Click the links for pictures.]

The easy part was sponge-painting the bathroom. Joe painted the walls green before we got there, and Kris and I did the almond-colored sponge paint on top of it.

The hard part was painting the back wall of the "entertainment room." We decided to make stripes on it. Fun!

The wall was plain white to start with.

First, we painted it green.

Then, we waited for that to dry.

And then, we did another coat, and then waited some more.

Then, we taped off the stripes.

After that, we painted blue over it.

And after that, we waited some more. And we played at the lake.

We put another coat of blue on the next day... and then we waited for that to dry.

Finally, we peeled the tape off. I love peeling tape off things.

And it was all done. Ta-da!

posted by Jennifer at 6/05/2005 09:13:00 AM



4 comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great! And I agree on the peeling off tape part. That certainly is fun.

6/06/2005 11:17:00 AM  



Blogger Becky said...

I have to agree with you....peeling off tape is fun.

Great accent wall in that room, by the way. I really like the colors....and the pup is a cutie!

6/06/2005 06:54:00 PM  



Blogger Chase Edwards Cooper said...

Now that Becky knows that you do striping, and that you travel to the northeast, don’t be surprised if you’re asked to hire-out to paint Yankees pinstripes in her apartment.

6/06/2005 09:19:00 PM  



Blogger SuperP. said...

girl, you are HOT!

6/10/2005 09:53:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.