HOME

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

got no reasons to go on

Today was my first day back at work after vacationing, which is always rough. Everyone said they missed me, and it is always nice to be missed and needed. But, falling back into the daily routine is always so hum-drum and anticlimactic.

On my walk across the bridge after work to my car (about a mile-long expedition), I took a mental inventory of the day, and what I like and dislike most about being back home:

DISLIKES:
• Getting honked/whistled/cat-called at whilst walking to my car
• Getting stuck in traffic on the way into work
• Sitting in my empty office with no officemate
• Eating lunch alone
• Last-minute projects and short-notice changes
• Getting licked by O'Malley's raspy, raspy cat tongue
• The nightly cat serenades
• Having your period start the morning of your first day back at work after returning home from vacationing
• Coming home from vacation to a filthy apartment, because I didn't have time to clean before leaving
• Walking across the Woodland Street Bridge to work

LIKES:
• Getting a call from my hubby at work
• Coming home from work to a freshly-cleaned apartment (thanks to the aforementioned lovey hubby)
• Being loved on by my sweet kitties (both slept on my pillow beside my head last night)
• Having people say they're glad to have me back
• Compliments on my bitchin' tan
• Eating chocolate chip cookies that my mother-in-law Dottie sent home with us
• Sharing said chocolate chip cookies with friends
• Listening to Björk while working (thanks again to Bryan for the Medulla CD)
• Driving "Konichiwa," my cute little Honda Civic, again
• Not getting stuck in traffic on the way home from work
• A bountiful stash of Belvedere vodka
• Walking across the Woodland Street Bridge to my car

When all is said and done, I am glad to be back, in a way. I'm thankful that I have a direction in life right now. I've always had direction and motivation, and I have never taken - and hopefully never will take - that for granted.

And my husband Michael is really cool and sweet and cute and fun to hang out with. And he has a bitchin' tan, too. :^)

posted by Jennifer at 7/06/2005 07:08:00 PM



1 comments:
Blogger Tickles_Tapeworm said...

There was a little too much info in the dislikes...

This post has given me an unbearable craving for chocolate chip cookies.

7/09/2005 06:00:00 AM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.