HOME

Saturday, July 09, 2005

but they're guaranteed to raise a smile

The past three days has been the Fab Four festival at the venue by which I am employed (look it up if you're that curious).

Thursday night, my dearest bosom buddy Brianne came up and was my theatre date. It's always nice to see Brianne, and we saw the movie A Hard Day's Night and the band Liverpool Legends. I give them a thumbs-up. John and George were dead-on, but the Paul was creeping me out. John was (of course) my favorite.

Friday night, my dearest hubby Michael accompanied me. I do enjoy hanging out with Michael, and we saw Laurence Juber, a band I'll not mention, and 1964... The Tribute. If you ever get a chance to see Laurence Juber perform, GO SEE HIM PLAY. Oh, for Chrissake, please go see the man play. He's AMAZING. The band I'll not mention, on the other hand, played too long and wasn't impressive at all. And 1964... The Tribute was mighty impressive.

Tonight, my dearest hubby Michael was dragged out with me, though he was exhausted from staying up so late Friday night. We saw an "In the Round" concert with Joey Molland, Marshall Crenshaw, Mark Hudson, and Laurence Juber (still AMAZING!), followed by The Long Players. I was very impressed, and the whole night was indeed a splendid time. Thanks again to Michael for going with me.

So, all in all, it's been a fabulous past three nights. I wish every weekend could be a Beatles festival, but alas, my weekends will be filled with non-Beatle-y events henceforth until another comes along. At least I have my extensive CD collection to tide me over... :^)

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 7/09/2005 09:25:00 PM



2 comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

go check out the website, he's creepier up close. hardly looks like the same guy tho.
-b

7/11/2005 08:40:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

My goodness! He is mighty creepy. I had to download all the press photos, and some of the ones of Paul from 1964... The Tribute were awfully creepy, too. Maybe there's some unwritten law that Paul McCartney impersonators must be strange looking.

7/11/2005 09:21:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.