HOME

Friday, February 25, 2005

take these broken wings

I've made it through to another weekend, and fortunately I am not working at my part-time Saturday or Sunday. I am, however, still planning to run around an awful lot till Saturday evening. Tonight, I'm heading into my beautiful hometown, Chattanooga. But I'm technically "working," though, as I'm helping my friend Josh set up a new website and transition into using a new server. Then, tomorrow, I may have a little Chill Time in the morning, and I'm going to stop by and pay a visit to my little friend Quentin to celebrate his first birthday and show his mommy some logo ideas. Then, oh finally, then... the world will stop spinning, and we'll trek out into the woods for camping.

I've only been camping once before, so I am by no means a seasoned enthusiast, but I am very enthusiastic, nonetheless. When I am in the woods with the crackling fire, the twinkling stars, the leaves rustling in the cold wind, everything stops. Fifteen minutes feels like an hour, an hour feels like a whole night, and the whole night feels like a week. I can unwind, and I will unwind this Saturday night. And all this hurrying around this past week, tonight, and tomorrow morning will make it just that much sweeter to sit in the dark and relax with my family and friends.

If I don't return to Blogger, check Michael's weblog to find out if I went completely insane, stripped off all my clothes, and ran off naked through the woods, yelling, "Look at me! I am the wind! I AM THE WIND!" It's a strong possibility right now, and if that happens, there's really no coming back.

I think I'd make a nice Crazy Mountain Girl, myself.

posted by Jennifer at 2/25/2005 12:37:00 PM



2 comments:
Blogger Ethereal Darkness said...

Have you ever encountered a wild mountain girl? They are very dangerous... They get lonely and hungry out there so they rape and feed upon anyone they encounter.

2/27/2005 12:18:00 AM  



Blogger Ethereal Darkness said...

Well, since you said your an indoorsmen, my guess is she raided your house for food and indoor plumbing.

2/27/2005 09:16:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.