HOME

Monday, February 14, 2005

mystic dreams and revelations

In response to Jamie's meme, here's the scoop:

What was the last song you listened to before reading this message?
"Hair" from the musical, Hair

The first 5 best lyrics that come into my head:
1) "the thought that life could be better is woven indelibly into our hearts and our brains" - Paul Simon "Train in the Distance"
2) "you can go to church and sing a hymn / judge me by the color of my skin / you can live a lie until you die / but one thing you can’t hide / is when you’re crippled inside" - John Lennon "Crippled Inside"
3) "All the experts say you ought to start them young / That way they'll naturally love the taste of corporate cum" - Pedro the Lion "Indian Summer"
4) "This machine will not communicate these thoughts and the strain I am under" - Radiohead "Street Spirit (Fade Out)"
5) "Everybody knows it hurts to grow up / and everybody does / it’s so weird to be back here / let me tell you what / the years go on and we’re still fighting it" - Ben Folds "Still Fighting It"

That's just what came to mind first. There's just too much good material to choose from. :^) I don't think I'm legally bound to pass this along, but if anyone would like to share, please comment and let me know you've shared. Or share in a comment. Or whatever floats your boat.

posted by Jennifer at 2/14/2005 09:13:00 PM



3 comments:
Blogger Jamie said...

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!

Imagine me sitting at my desk at work making silly undefined but really excited gestures with my hands...

You chose one of my very favorite Paul Simon lyric bits. That's so great. I totally forgot about these words. If I had not forgotten they might have turned up on my list as well.

2/14/2005 11:56:00 PM  



Blogger Tickles_Tapeworm said...

"All the experts say you ought to start them young / That way they'll naturally love the taste of corporate cum"

I swear, that's some of the grossest lyrics I've heard (or read, actually). And I thought Cannibal Corpse was bad...

:)

2/15/2005 03:06:00 PM  



Blogger Tickles_Tapeworm said...

I made my own as well, but most decent folk steer clear of my blog, so be warned.

2/15/2005 04:02:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.