HOME

Saturday, February 12, 2005

don't let me catch those rainbow blues

I'm so proud of myself.

This morning, as I was sitting at the computer, wasting time before work, a knock came at the door. Osiris was alarmed and promptly jumped out of my lap and ran to hide under the bed (this is his usual knock-at-the-door procedure). It was around 10:00 a.m., and I was still in my pajamas, so I didn't really want to go to the door. I was, however, still curious to see who it was. Once, I got an unexpected visit with an FBI agent at my door, so you never know around here. However, more likely than not, this was someone I didn't want to talk to. Knowing I had to stay low to avoid causing visible motion on my side of the peephole, I crept up to the door slowly. I quickly peeked out the peephole, and luckily, the man standing outside my door was looking down as I looked out. It was... The Comcast Cable Man.

I usually end up opening the door like a big, fat (yeah, I said "fat") sucker when The Comcast Cable Man pays his "Dontcha wanna get cable?" visits, but not this time. Take THAT Cable Man. ha! I scoff at you! This day will go down in history as the day I deftly avoided The Cable Man.

On a related sidenote, I once had a cable guy insult me at my own doorstep. When he started his "Dontcha wanna get cable?" schpiel, I told him that I couldn't afford it. He responded with, "but it's only $20." To which I replied, "Yes, but that's $20 per month that I can't afford." To which he replied, "You can't afford an extra $20 per month?! That's sad. It's just $20!" How rude. I told him something like that was to the tune of $240 a year that I didn't want to pay for something I didn't need, and that I didn't appreciate his attitude. Jerk.

posted by Jennifer at 2/12/2005 06:54:00 PM



4 comments:
Blogger Ethereal Darkness said...

Let's go kill those cable people. Bastards.

2/12/2005 11:28:00 PM  



Blogger Jamie said...

Arrrrgggh! I hate those people. That is, I don't really hate them, I just hate what they put me through. I'm usually nice enough to let them do their talk and then tell them that I'm really not interested, and then I feel rude because of that. Why should I feel rude just because I don't want to buy something.

Also reminds me of the day I got a package from the USA or Canada and we had to pay for customs. It was about 8 Euro, but we didn't have 8 Euro at home. So when the boyfriend told the guy that he couldn't pay right now, the guy said something like 'Well, you gotta have 8 Euro at home somewhere.' Nope, sometimes we don't.

2/13/2005 03:54:00 AM  



Blogger Daph said...

It's starts out simple enough. A mere $20.00. Sure, whatever. Before you know, it, though, that bill goes up. Next time you get billed, it's $35.00, then $50.00, and so on and so forth. We started out with cable at $60/month, and by the time I shut it off it was up to $113/month. It's a SCAM I tell you!

2/13/2005 07:05:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Yes, Comcast Cable is pure evil. I'm sure they'd've taken me straight to the cleaners, if I had let them. It's a good thing we chopped him into little pieces and packed him into our closet.

2/14/2005 01:42:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.