HOME

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

the continuing story of Bungalow Jennifer

Continued...

::Jennifer fastidiously sniffs the air in the office. She is still skittish, yet noticably relieved, as she dectects from the office atmosphere that things have settled down. Slowly, she crawls out from under the desk. What's this? Chocolate and a thoughtful card (and silly post-it note message) from Michael? How sweet! Jennifer climbs back into her chair and quickly falls back into the rhythm of day-to-day work here at her favorite little non-profit organization. Life is good.::

Indeed. Today was "Taco Tuesday," so Kathy, Tommy, and I made our weekly venture out to El Puente in The Arcade. It's a mild day out, and it was nice to get some fresh air for a change. On the way back, Kathy and I gave blood at the Little Shop of Horrors blood drive. It didn't go so well. The Red Cross workers were curt, and my veins decided to shrivel up in response to them. The needle ended up slipping out, causing a bit of a mess, and it hurt like the dickens (whatever that hurts like). So, I only gave about 1/4 of a pint, if even that much. I'm a failure. I slinked back upstairs, and on my way encountered Bonnie Bonita. She let me know that Michael had stopped by to see me... with chocolate! How nice! I found said chocolate upstairs at my desk, and it turned out to be my very favorite chocolate - Lindt Lindor Truffles. Mmm!

Though, my arm still hurts a lot even after 3 Extra Strength Tylenol, the fact that I have chocolate and a wonderful husband makes it all better.

posted by Jennifer at 1/25/2005 12:47:00 PM



1 comments:
Blogger Jennifer said...

Please don't give Michael any ideas. He's already devious enough. You see, he pretends to eat the chocolate, but then when I ask him about it, he really has eaten it. This is why I'm keeping the chocolate that he so kindly gave me Tuesday in my desk at the office.

Thanks for the concern about my arm. It is still sore today, and I'm still whining. I think someone will probably end up hitting me with that bag of quarters to make me shut up. ha!

1/27/2005 12:50:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.