HOME

Friday, January 14, 2005

booster shots and car seats

Being a good little crazy cat lady, I'm taking one of the strays, Round Kitty, back to the vet for her booster shots today. After my last incident taking Round Kitty to the vet, I am - to say the least - not looking forward to this. In an ideal world, she would hop right in the carrier, have perfect bladder control, and snuggle with the vet. In the real world, she freaks out after hesitantly stepping into the carrier, pees all over the place, and attempts to claw out the eyes of everyone in the room. She's delightful, really. Wish me luck. I'll need it.

In other cat news, I bought a new carrier for Osiris yesterday, so he won't have to ride in the one Round Kitty pees in. It is mighty spiffy. It's soft, and it hooks into the seat belt, so won't turn into scrambled kitty if I get into an accident. If you'd like to see it, go here.

posted by Jennifer at 1/14/2005 12:25:00 PM



2 comments:
Blogger Jamie said...

My parents dogs (only there's only one now) never liked driving in cars at all. They would tremble like an aspen leave, pant and occasionally puke. There was nothing you could do. I suppose it might have something to do with their experiences before they came to the animal shelter and from there to us.
When we were going on vacation to France we would have to drug them with sedatives first and hope to have at least a somehow normal trip.

The dog we had before had no problems with car rides. In fact, my mom found her in a park and took her home. As soon as she opened the car door, the dog jumped in. Funny still that when we moved she (the dog) was howling all the way. Again, I suppose that maybe she had been abandoned because of a move and somehow remembered that.

1/17/2005 12:19:00 AM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Turns out, Round Kitty wouldn't get in the carrier, so she didn't get to go to the vet. I think I need a bigger carrier. Or a live trap. One or the other.

Some animals just don't react well to car rides. O'Malley likes to ride in the car. Osiris, however, has to go in the carrier. He's a fat little ball of nervousness, and he tries to either fit under the seat and hide or climb into the dashboard to hide. He should know better than to think he can fit under the seat, but I suspect he might be able to actually get under the dashboard and hurt himself. So, he's relegated to the carrier.

PS: I think "Monkey" is a fine name. :^) I like monkeys. Monkeys are fun.

PPS: Michael, for the thousandth and last time, STOP TRYING TO GIVE AWAY OUR CATS. Geez...!

1/18/2005 03:24:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.