HOME

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

resolutions

I've got to admit it's getting better. A little better all the time. I'm sorting through my issues very well. Just like normal cleaning, one must sort and toss things on the larger level before moving down to the smaller levels. So, I've thrown a few things out, and I'm feeling lighter already.

Which brings me to my latest and greatest list.. New Year resolutions. I know, I know. Everyone always makes these and never keeps them. My past resolutions have been as follows:
2003 - I resolved to make New Year resolutions in 2004.
2004 - I resolved to get abs of steel, learn to like salad, and find a new home for Herman (our ball python).

And now, what you've all been waiting for…
2005 -
…… eat salad at least once a week
…… pay my car loan off
…… move to New Jersey before the end of the year
…… make a new, anonymous weblog to unload all the crazy stuff I can't unload here
…… learn to sew on my new sewing machine
…… finish that goddamn painting I started 2 years ago and never finished
…… stop worrying so much about things I shouldn't worry about
…… do Yoga on my own at least once a week
…… refrain from dying my hair red again
…… get a tubal ligation
…… find homes for my stray kitties
…… work on my social anxiety issues
…… work on getting up when the alarm clock goes off (instead of hitting the snooze for at least an hour, or just completely turning it off in my sleep like I did this morning)
…… put my portfolio together

I think that's enough for now. I could go on with these for hours, but I think I'll end up overwhelming myself.

In other news, my workload is light at work today. It bothers me when my workload is light, because I know I'll get spoiled. Now, when work starts to pick up again, I will be bitter about it. Why? I don't know. It's like when I used to work part-time jobs at Sears or Shop at Home, and I could read when things were slow. Then, I would feel pissy at the customers when they called and interrupted my Me Time. I guess that's kind of the same feeling I get now. It's bad, yes I know.

posted by Jennifer at 12/29/2004 12:38:00 PM



1 comments:
Blogger SuperP. said...

My dear Lord, we sound alike.

"my workload is light at work today. It bothers me when my workload is light, because I know I'll get spoiled. Now, when work starts to pick up again, I will be bitter about it." - I thought I was the only twisted being who resented slow days.

4/16/2005 04:53:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.