HOME

Friday, February 11, 2005

somewhere over the rainbow

I haven't whined about my arm for a little while, so I figure it's time for an Arm Update. Its color range is quite impressive... greens, blues, purples, yellows, and a dash of magenta for good measure. It doesn't hurt as badly, though, so I might attempt Yoga tonight. We'll see.

Things are going really well lately. Michael and I celebrated our first anniversary yesterday. I thought he was going to be stuck working a double shift at work, but he ended up being able to get out of it, and he surprised me at work with flowers. Orange flowers. (Orange flowers are my favorite.) It was sweet.

Unfortunately, Michael's anniversary present hasn't arrived yet via mail. Here's a hint, though: It has to do with monkeys. Monkeys rock.

I have an intern at work now. She starts in March. I'm very excited. Hopefully, I won't let all the power go to my head.

For good measure, since this post is really a bunch of randomness anyhow, I'll share my moment of mixed emotions this morning. As I was putting food out by the door for the strays this morning, I was greeted by Round Kitty and her gift of devotion - a dead, half-frozen field mouse. Beautiful. That's exactly what I want to see in the morning. Maybe it was some sort of anniversary gift? Or her way of hinting that I am not feeding her enough? Anyone know kitty-ese on this one? I feed her a handful of dry food three times a day. Isn't that enough? Surely, if she was hungry, she would have eaten the mouse and not just left it at the door? Michael said that when he left for work, there were two dead mice, and one was decapitated. I'm glad he moved that one.

posted by Jennifer at 2/11/2005 04:55:00 PM



1 comments:
Blogger Tickles_Tapeworm said...

I'd say that kitty wants you to be proud of him/her. I'd even go as far as to say that kitty expects you to eat the mice (NO, this is not a vegetarian or a malnourishment crack, I'm being serious). In my experiences, treats like that are often accompanied by a lot of meowing. Like a "Hey, come look at what I brought you!" kind of thing.

I'd try to come up with a way to show kitty how proud you are of him/her. About the funniest thing I can come up with is that you guys paper/scissors/rock to see who has to eat the mouse in front of kitty.

2/11/2005 07:01:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.