HOME

Friday, February 04, 2005

crystal blue persuasion

Okay, so I ran out of titles with the word green. But my arm is starting to turn a greenish blue, so I figured I could move on to "blue" titles.

I've been feeling uninspired lately. This is possibly due to the fact that I live in a bubble. It's not a literal bubble, but I really don't get out much. I don't subscribe to any publications, I don't watch TV by myself (long story), I rarely go to the movies, I haven't bought a new CD for myself in ages, I read old science fiction books, I listen to older music (for the most part), and I'm just plain old fashioned. I think I need to get out more. As my favorite college professor would say, I need "visual food." Visually creative people need to feed off the work of others, and I'm starving for it.

What to do? Go to art galleries, check out design annuals, subscribe to beautifully designed magazines. Basically, just stop procrastinating and DO SOMETHING about it.

Alas, but I don't. What do I do in my spare time? I tune the radio to my favorite AM station and listen to the 1947 Hit Parade while cross-stitching or closet-cleaning. Agh. Just go ahead and move me into the Old Folks' Village, 'cause I'd blend right in.

I'm 24 years old. I should be out doing exciting, wonderful things. I should paint the town red on the weekends. I should spend all my money and run up credit card bills and go to the mall and buy a new car and buy a new computer and dye my hair red and stay up late and drink too much and be hip and trendy and....

Hmm... on second thought, I think I'm happy just the way I am. (Though I do think I still need more "visual food.")

posted by Jennifer at 2/04/2005 09:52:00 AM



2 comments:
Blogger Jennifer said...

No, silly. I'm just saying that I'm happy the way I am. You got a problem with that? I have a Zero Sass policy, mister.

2/04/2005 04:57:00 PM  



Blogger Jamie said...

Same here. I lead this quiet little life, although I do watch TV by myself, which can be really helpful sometimes. I'm really curious about that story, by the way.

There's nothing wrong with you, especially not when you are fine with it. I sometimes wonder if I should do more interesting, maybe risky or crazy things, but then I think: 'Nah. I'll just stay here in bed and finish that book.'

2/06/2005 01:34:00 AM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.