HOME

Monday, February 14, 2005

sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows

I stayed up far too late last night, and I am really feeling the repercussions this morning. I keep getting little, stabbing, annoying pains in my stomach and lungs, and my back gets stiff when I sit in the same position for more than 2 minutes. I have so much work to do, and I can't focus on any of it. I'm hungry, but the thought of food is highly unappealing. And as icing on the cake, my mouth has this funky taste of stale menthols in it that won't go away. I want to brush my tongue. Badly.

Last night was fun, though. We learned that Josh and Stephanie can do excellent headstands. I, however, cannot. Bristow made a valient attempt to join in, but almost knocked over our bookcase. Michael laughed at us all and didn't attempt it himself. I got schooled at Taboo (which I normally excel at, mind you), and we didn't get around to Drinkopoly. At one point, I felt the need to hug everyone in the apartment, and did so... except for Ryan. He was sleeping on the couch. Osiris showed off his "licky face." A good time was had by all (I hope).

There was some heavy conversation going on in my kitchen floor last night. This morning when I woke up, though, I felt really good about it all. I was running about 30 minutes late already, so I decided to take my time getting ready for work. As I stood in my living room, deciding which shoes to wear, the sun came in full force through our glass patio doors. It was a beautiful moment. O'Malley promptly found a patch of sunshine and proceeded to roll in it. I had the urge to roll in it too, but instead I went to the window and peeked out. What a breathtaking morning. It was cold outside, it had freshly rained, and the sun was such a welcome sight. Everything will work as it's meant to be. Whatever that entails.

I had to sit for what seemed like an eternity to catch the shuttle bus this morning. I watched all the bums go by Adelphia Coliseum, some starlings came by and poked around in the grass a bit, there was a fender-bender down the street, the Exxon down the road was exceptionally busy, I-24 was backed up as usual. Time moves very slowly sometimes. Especially when you're hung over, I suppose.

I noticed today that Jamie tagged me. I feel so special. :^) Though, I hope she won't mind that I'm not going to respond to it till later tonight when I'm not feeling like pressing my face against a cold tile floor...

posted by Jennifer at 2/14/2005 01:38:00 PM



1 comments:
Blogger Jamie said...

Jamie doesn't mind at all.

2/14/2005 02:19:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.