HOME

Thursday, February 17, 2005

I live ze unknown, I love ze unknown, I am ze unknown.

In response to Michael's movies meme, yes, I have watched 5 movies. Below are my answers to the questions. See, I CAN answer all of them... well, most of them at least...

Total number of movies in your collection: 148 DVDs, 26 Laserdiscs. About 5 of those are mine. The rest are Michael's.

The last DVD you bought: the 3rd season of Seinfeld for my sister-in-law's birthday present. I don't even remember the last DVD I bought for myself, if I ever have bought one for myself...

The last movie you watched before reading this message: Hair or Open Water. I can't remember which I watched first. I have a horrible short-term memory.

Name 5 movies you watch often or mean something to you:
1) Yellow Submarine
2) Dancer in the Dark
3) Boogie Nights
4) The Big Lebowski
5) Fargo

The first 5 best movie lines that come into your head:

1) "A thing of beauty; destroy it forever!" - Chief Meanie Yellow Submarine

2) "I'm not wearing any pants. Film at eleven." Newscaster Kentucky Fried Movie

3) Lester: "Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go fuck himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus."
Carolyn: "Your father seems to think this type of behavior is something to be proud of."
Lester: "And your mother seems to prefer I go through life like a fucking prisoner while she keeps my dick in a mason jar under the sink."
Carolyn: "How dare you speak to me that way in front of her. And I marvel that you can be so contemptuous of me, on the same day that you LOSE your job."
Lester: "Lose it? I didn't lose it. It's not like, 'Whoops! Where'd my job go?' I QUIT. Someone pass me the asparagus."
American Beauty

4) Jesus Quintana: "Let me tell you something, bandejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes 'click.'"
The Dude: "Jesus."
Jesus Quintana: "You said it man. Nobody fucks with The Jesus."
The Big Lebowski

5) "In a musical, nothing dreadful ever happens." Selma Dancer in the Dark

What are your 3 favorite movies from the '80s?: The only 3 movies I actually SAW in the '80s were Lady and the Tramp, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, and... and... oh, I guess I only saw 2. I was too busy being a little weirdo, fighting with my brother, and listening to Frank Zappa with my dad to care about movies. So, I'm not technically qualified to answer this question.

What was the first movie you ever bought?: I bought Pink Floyd's The Wall for a friend of mine in high school. Does that count?

What was the first DVD you ever bought?: Probably something I got for Michael for his birthday or Xmas or something. These questions are too hard. Let's move on to something else. :^)

posted by Jennifer at 2/17/2005 10:19:00 AM



4 comments:
Blogger Jamie said...

I, too, listened to Frank Zappa with my Dad in the 80s. And the 90s. Only I didn't appreciate it back then.
These days I do.

I will do that meme somewhen later. But I'm not sure if I'm gonna count all my movies. The DVDs, yes, maybe, but the Videos and VCDs, not so much.

2/17/2005 10:29:00 AM  



Blogger Tickles_Tapeworm said...

Maybe motion pictures hadn't reached Tennessee yet...


:)

2/18/2005 08:42:00 AM  



Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, some of us just read a lot of books or something else. i can't think of any movies i watched in the 80's, either. though i am a weak defense, my friend.
-bri

2/18/2005 09:44:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

See? My buddy Brianne is sticking up for me. Everyone, just step back and show some respect to the lady. Geez.

2/19/2005 01:25:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.