HOME

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

cats and rats and elephants

After some deliberation, I've decided on my May goal:

give more

By that, I mean, donate more to worthy causes.  However, looking at my poor little weeping bank account, I realize that I can't do this without some help.  Which led me to an even better thought:

make more to give more

If I make money through creating artful items, I can kill two birds with one stone (so to speak).  I can fulfill my desire to make things with my hands as well as to help with animal rescue causes. 

I'm setting a very realistic goal of earning $300 by the end of December through making and selling something artful.

NOW, to decide what to make and how to sell it!  Suggestions are welcome.

One idea I have is to make something for the Art-O-Mat.  I have a concept for it, but I just need to make it. 

Another is to sell through Etsy, but reading through Regretsy, I'm becoming hesitant to support Etsy due to their questionable ethics.  Are there other handmade sites for sellers out there that are honest and reputable?

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 5/04/2011 05:55:00 PM



2 comments:
Anonymous Daph said...

What a great idea! I know what you mean about Esty though -- I feel the same way now.

If you want a separate store you may want to look into an option like Hyenacart -- I believe there's a monthly fee, though:

http://www.hyenacart.com

Or you could use a service like:

http://www.ecwid.com/

Which is free I believe, and can be integrated into many sites, including Blogger.

5/04/2011 09:49:00 PM  



Blogger cait said...

you can also donate your crafted items. http://crafthope.com/
she finds a place that needs items and then you make it and mail it to her and she'll send it out. i made a doll for an orphanage through this once. it's really fun to see your actual items put to use.

5/06/2011 04:38:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.