HOME

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

maybe I'm crazy

I have decided to do another little project – 11 resolutions for 2011.  That gives me one resolution per month, minus December.  Because, who really has time for anything besides Xmas in December, anyway?  Exactly.

So, January 2011's resolution is:

floss more

That's right – I'm starting simple.  However, it is more of a challenge than you'd think.  According to the wisdom of the interwebs, you should floss every day.  Every.  Flippin'.  Day.  Which is basically unrealistic.  So, I am just aiming to floss more than, oh say for example, once every other year.  I've worked my way up to flossing ALL of my teeth two nights in a row.  I'm quite proud of myself.

The biggest challenge I'm discovering is A) not waiting until I'm too tired to hold my head up to decide it's time to prep for bed and B) finding floss that agrees with my teeth. 

My dentist is going to love me. 

Speaking of, when I went to the pediatric dentist, he used to give out plastic rings as treats instead of lollipops (for obvious dental reasons).  I kind of feel gypped when I leave the dentist without one.  Maybe I should start buying plastic rings for myself to give myself after I leave the dentist.  It might be weird, but it would make me happy, and that's what really matters, right?

PS: When you google "how often should you floss" and you get through the "how often should" part, it autosuggests:
how often should you poop
how often should you wash your hair
how often should you change your oil
Just so you know.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 1/19/2011 09:10:00 PM



2 comments:
Anonymous Daph said...

Haha! My New Year's resolution is to poop every day. Every. Single. Day. I want to be a champion pooper.

But for serious, flossing is a good goal. I do it maybe once a week. If you find floss that agrees with your teeth do share -- the only ones I ever find seem to shred my gums.

You should definitely give yourself a treat after going to your dentist, because good for you for keeping your chompers healthy, girl!

1/19/2011 09:41:00 PM  



Blogger golriz lucina said...

i'm mad at my dentist for telling me i need a mouth guard because i 'stress grind'. just the idea of a mouth guard makes me stress grind. grr. :)

1/23/2011 09:58:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.