HOME

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Just finished Dune by Frank Herbert... I didn't enjoy it, even though several people, including my gynecologist, said I would. Odd.

Some spots I marked to note:

There should be a science of discontent. People need hard times and oppression to develop psychic muscles.


Religion must remain an outlet for people who say to themselves, "I am not the kind of person I want to be." It must never sink into an assemblage of the self-satisfied.


Each man is a little war.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 7/23/2009 07:58:00 PM



2 comments:
Blogger Unknown said...

I understand your disappointment. A while back Michael, John & I were having a movie night & were debating what to watch. The first movie is non horror & after I fall asleep during the first movie they move on to horror. Anyway, someone suggested Dune for the first movie. I had a vague memory of enjoying the movie & said sure. After re-watching Dune I surmised that the vague memory of enjoyment must have been seeing Sting with most of his clothes off.

8/03/2009 06:19:00 AM  



Anonymous mattk said...

Yeah, I like me some sci-fi, and I was pretty 'mehhh' about Dune. Too much hype might be part of it. To me the book reads a lot more like fantasy than sci-fi.

9/13/2009 07:12:00 AM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.