HOME

Sunday, June 07, 2009

525,600 minutes

I think I might be hung up on the past, trying to cling to some semblance of the way things were before we lost our mothers and work went to hell. It's time to get out of the idea that things can go back and realize that things are moving forward. Quickly.

I told Darrell the other day that on one hand, it feels like years have gone by, and on the other, it feels like yesterday.

It's really not something I was prepared to deal with at this point in my life. I don't know that anyone can fully prepare for it, but I just wanted more warning. More thought. More time to understand.

While I'm still mourning, I'm trying to heal with newness, but now all of that is overwhelming as well. We got a new cat, a new sofa, a new car. It's almost too much newness too soon. And now I'm overwhelmed with it, and with the prospect of more to come soon.

And in the meantime, dealing with my own dysfunction as well as others'... I need air. I need time to breathe said air. And I need a place away from everything to take the time to breathe it.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 6/07/2009 12:54:00 PM



1 comments:
Anonymous Andrew said...

I can certainly sympathize with having too much newness at once... it can be an overwhelming experience to say the least.

But I also think graceful, kind, and wise people like yourself probably have an easier time navigating those periods of transition than others.

As for work, woof.

6/07/2009 08:49:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.