HOME

Monday, March 23, 2009

everybody pulled their socks up

It's beautiful outside. It should be putting a spring in my step, but this damnable stomach bug has my digestiveness all wonky. I feel like I'm hungry all the time, but when I try to eat, I usually can't finish. It's heartburn, I know, but I just want to feel well again.

And then I think of my mom. She puked every day at least once a day for the last 2 months she lived. And she still smiled when I saw her. She still laughed when someone told a joke. She still answered the phone when people called.

I don't even have the strength to keep my chin up through a measly stomach bug.

And why is it that today, I can't get over feeling like the kid that was always picked last for dodgeball? Granted, it could have something to do with having always been the kid that was picked last for dodgeball, but I never even liked dodgeball anyway...

I've decided I don't like online social networking any more than I like true-to-life social networking. That could be why no one but people googling obscure David Bowie songs and "pointy tailbone" are mostly who visits here. Not to say I don't appreciate the few who have stuck it out with me here. It's just a little like shouting into the dark.

But that seems to be just what I need sometimes.

Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer at 3/23/2009 04:53:00 PM



0 comments:
Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.