HOME

Saturday, May 29, 2010

up to 500 now...

401.  I haven't made a list in a while.
402.  I've missed list-making.
403.  I keep my work schedule of projects in Stickies, because I'm old-school like that.
404.  I don't trust email programs; I constantly fear they'll lose my messages or randomly fail to deliver mail.
405.  My back-up plan in life is to move to the mountains, have goats, and grow potatoes.
406.  Potatoes are one of my favorite foods, but I'm not sure if they're considered vegetables?
407.  I could Google this, but I am too lazy.
408.  Looking back at my past 100 Things Lists, my life has changed considerably since I started my weblog in August 2004.
409.  It is definitely a good thing to have change, and change is definitely expected between when one is nearly 24 and almost 30.  It's been a little overwhelming, though.
410.  Since August 2004, I've: quit my job, moved across the country, divorced, moved back across the country, freelanced, accepted my old job back, got a scooter and learned to ride, bought a house with Darrell, lost Darrell's mother after 6 months of knowing she was terminally ill, lost my mother after 1 month of knowing she was terminally ill, lost our Malley Cat after 2 months of knowing he was terminally ill, brought sweet Biscuits into our lives, got my first brand-new car, and have lost and made many new friends.
411.  This all makes my life sound way more adventurous than it really is.  I guess time'll do that to a person's story.
412.  I've learned many life lessons in my short span here.
413.  This year, I'll be as old as my dad was when I was born.  From here out, I'll be closer to his age than a newborn's. 
414.  I feel pretty good about that.
415.  I miss my mom.  A lot.
416.  Is it okay to still cry about that?  Because I do.  A lot.
417.  My dad remarried in March 2010 to a wonderful lady, Micki.
418.  I now have a stepmom and a stepsister, Caitlin.
419.  It feels strange to be the "middle child."
420.  My brother and I have grown pretty close in the last few years, I think.
421.  I love my family very much.
422.  Sometimes, I have trouble expressing to people that I love them in non-creepy ways.
423.  I convince myself often that people don't really want me around as much as I want to be around them.
424.  This is probably just a result of over-thinking.  Either that, or people really don't want me around.
425.  Sometimes, I wish I got out more.
426.  Other times, I wish I had more time to myself.
427.  I'm sure there's a balance in there somewhere, and I'll let you know if I find it.
428.  I'm severely introverted.
429.  Sarah Peacock's gotten me on a haiku kick lately…
I'm severely shy.
Whenever you talk  to me,
I avert my eyes.
430.  I used to write poems.
431.  I won't make you suffer through them.
432.  Darrell is so good to me.
433.  He just came home from the store and brought me presents!
434.  I love getting presents.
435.  My friend Caitlin once mailed me a surprise package of bouncy balls.  It still makes me smile.
436.  We got a package in the mail from Bryan last night, and I promptly dropped it all on the floor as I was taking it out of the envelope.
437.  I think I've mentioned that I'm clutzy in my previous 100 Things Lists, though.
438.  Spell-check is telling me "clutzy" starts with a k, but I'm choosing to ignore it.
439.  Darrell and I are vacating to Colorado Springs next weekend.  I'm very excited, because I will soon be going further West in the U.S. than I've ever been.
440.  I don't currently have a valid passport.
441.  One of my goals is to one day see Björk perform in Iceland.  It would be a good time to do that now, since their economy is down, and they're trying to encourage tourism.  Maybe next year.
442.  I'm fascinated with Björk, because she lacks inhibition.
443.  I have an abundance of inhibition, if she needs to borrow some.
444.  Recently, I discovered Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.  It is amazing.  You should watch it.
445.  Geeky boys are totally my type, but I have a huge crush on Nathan Fillion.  He's so hunky.
446.  I hope I haven't made Darrell jealous with #445, but he's well-aware of my Nathan Fillion obsession.  And my Harrison Ford obsession. 
447.  I think Darrell has a crush on Felicia Day.  She's totally cute.  I have a girl-crush on her, I admit.
448.  I've listened to the Dr. Horrible soundtrack more times than I can count.
449.  It's Saturday morning, and I really should be doing something productive.
450.  I had every intention to do more volunteering for flood-related needs around Nashville, but I have only volunteered once. 
451.  I was a little let down, because they were WAY over-staffed with volunteers that day, and I felt like I wasn't needed.
452.  We donated clothes to Progress and supplies to Metro Animal Control, though.  That helps, right?
453.  I feel guilty for not doing more.  I'm so weak and unhelpful.
454.  I should do more to get in better shape.  Instead, I sit on the computer and make lists and waste time.
455.  My desk is covered in cat hair.
456.  My lap was covered in cat until a moment ago.
457.  I love it when people talk about their pets.  They get a glow about them like they're talking about their kids.  It's adorable.
458.  I'm going to miss the cats while we're vacating.
459.  I like to use the word "vacating" instead of "vacationing," because it feels more accurate.  Isn't the "vacate" the origin of the word "vacation" anyhow?
460.  I like taking walks around the park and around the neighborhood.
461.  I enjoy wearing hats and people wearing hats in general.  More people should wear hats.
462.  I am letting my hair grow out again so I can donate it.  It is almost long enough for a little ponytail now.
463.  Often, I get the urge to shave all my hair off about 1" long all over.
464.  One day, I'll take the clippers to my hair.  One day.
465.  First, I'll be growing it out to at least 10" and donating it to Locks of Love, though.
467.  I keep reminding myself of this hair plan when I get the urge to dye my hair.
468.  They once turned down my Locks of Love donation because I'd dyed my hair too much.  They said it was unusable.
469.  I haven't donated blood since early 2004 when my blood donation went horribly awry.
470.  I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when I have to get blood drawn now.
471.  Maybe I'll get over this fear of blood-drawing one day.  I hope.
472.  I don't like going to the doctor.
473.  I love going to the dentist.
474.  I'm currently overdue for my dental checkup - about 2 years overdue.
475.  I need to make a dentist appointment.
476.  To date, I've only had one cavity.  I'm pretty proud of this.
477.  Of course, for all I know, I have cavities right now.  I hope not, though.
478.  I once had braces, but now my teeth have gone crooked again.
479.  I like it when people don't have perfect teeth - it adds character.
480.  I spend too much time on the Facebook.
481.  I block people on the Facebook if I have no desire to hear from them.
482.  It is easier for me just to pretend some people don't exist.
483.  I talk in my sleep.  The other night, Darrell said I clearly said, "Skate," for no apparent reason.
484.  I wake myself up crying or laughing uncontrollably sometimes.
485.  I prefer it when I wake up laughing.
486.  I go through phases of grinding and clenching my teeth at night.
487.  This is just one of the ways stress manifests itself with me.
488.  I'm supposed to wear a nightguard on my teeth, but I hate it.  So, I rarely wear it.  Then, when I do wear it, it makes my teeth hurt because it doesn't fit right anymore.
489.  I have to be careful with this, because it might make me dream my teeth are falling out. 
490.  Sometimes, I dream I'm flying.
491.  I love flying dreams.  I feel like I've been on an adventure in my sleep.
492.  I want to go hang-gliding one day.
493.  I would also like to go sky-diving.
494.  I'd settle for a plane ride somewhere.  Anywhere.
495.  My upcoming vacation is greatly overdue.
496.  I'll be ready for work again when I come back though, I'm sure.
497.  One of my favorite things about my job is the people I work with.
498.  One of my favorite things about my home is the person I live with. And the furry kiddos, of course.
499.  It's time for lunch now.  Veggie sushi in the fridge is beckoning me.
500.  I love you.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 5/29/2010 08:00:00 AM



1 comments:
Blogger golriz lucina said...

this list is OUTSTANDING. a+. i love it.

1/18/2011 08:11:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.