My computing cut-back is going somewhat well. I've not turned on the computer sometimes when I am home from work, and I try to identify when I'm rambling online. I think I need to cut down on my list of RSS feeds, though, because that is a time-suck.
How better to assess than to make lists? The guilty pleasures are a little hard to admit… kind of embarrassing, actually. But, I will reveal them in the spirit of disclosure. We're all friends here, right?
List #1 – Quality Time on the Interwebs/Computer:
(keep doing these)
• Scrabble on the Facebook – aka: The Only Thing I Love About Facebook
• Learning Games – because I love to learn
• Design Weblogs – designers need visual sustenance
• Making Pretty Things – because the computer is one of my mediums
List #2 – Guilty Pleasures on the Interwebs/Computer:
(stop spending time on these)
• Celebrity Gossip Sites – just the one
• Randomly Reloading Facebook – as if messages will magically appear
• E-Mail Decomposition – reply or archive, don't let it sit in limbo
• Mulling Over Things I Could be Doing – living vicariously isn't living
That's all for now. Any suggestions/confessions would greatly help me to feel better. :^)
posted by Jennifer at 2/19/2011 08:54:00 AM