HOME

Saturday, February 19, 2011

the best things in life are free

My computing cut-back is going somewhat well.  I've not turned on the computer sometimes when I am home from work, and I try to identify when I'm rambling online.  I think I need to cut down on my list of RSS feeds, though, because that is a time-suck. 

How better to assess than to make lists?  The guilty pleasures are a little hard to admit… kind of embarrassing, actually.  But, I will reveal them in the spirit of disclosure.  We're all friends here, right?

List #1 – Quality Time on the Interwebs/Computer:
(keep doing these)
Scrabble on the Facebook – aka: The Only Thing I Love About Facebook
Learning Games – because I love to learn
Design Weblogs – designers need visual sustenance
• Making Pretty Things – because the computer is one of my mediums

List #2 – Guilty Pleasures on the Interwebs/Computer:
(stop spending time on these)
• Celebrity Gossip Sites – just the one
• Randomly Reloading Facebook as if messages will magically appear
E-Mail Decomposition – reply or archive, don't let it sit in limbo
• Mulling Over Things I Could be Doing – living vicariously isn't living

That's all for now.  Any suggestions/confessions would greatly help me to feel better.  :^)

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 2/19/2011 08:54:00 AM



2 comments:
Blogger Carrie said...

Confessions? I love people.com, I check it daily and especially on Fridays for the weekly quotes. I do not share this with many people and I might deny it in mixed company. Also, pinkisthenewblog.com and wwtdd.com, if you're into that thing :) And, I used to play scrabble with Beth all the time on FB so now I will try to find you on there. I agreed with your earlier post regarding the rotten feeling that FB can often give. I feel that the more room I give it, the better I feel about it. Thanks for your blog Jennifer, always a breath of fresh air. And also, somehow, you make me feel closer to Beth at the same time :) That is all for now-ha.

2/20/2011 10:57:00 AM  



Blogger Unknown said...

ok, put carrie in a game with us, yes? also, i love the freerice site idea. that is all. for now.

4/02/2011 10:45:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.