HOME

Thursday, February 10, 2011

baby's in black and I'm feeling blue

February's resolution of computing less is not going so well (obviously, since I'm on the internet and should be in bed).  I shouldn't be too hard on myself, though.  It is only the 10th of the month.  Although, February is a short month, so it's almost halfway through. 

To give myself some credit, though, January's resolution of flossing more is going pretty well.  My dentist appointment is February 16th, so we'll see how that goes.

I'm thinking ahead to March, and I've decided I need to jump the gun on it.  March is usually not an easy month for me.  So, I'm going ahead and declaring March's resolution:

wear it or share it

That's right.  I made a rhyming resolution. 

I'm going to wear everything I own at least once this year, or I'm giving it to the Goodwill.  (Or friends.  Or I'm throwing it out if it's something the Goodwill won't want.  Or doing something useful/fun with it.)  I think I'm going to make this retroactive – if I've worn it already so far this year, it'll count. 

This may be tricky, so we'll see how it goes.  And by tricky, I mean that my memory sucks, so I will have to find some way of actually keeping track of if/when I've worn something.  I'll probably flip the hangers if it's hangable, but if it's folded or in drawers, I'll have to make dividers or something.  We'll see.

Wish me luck!

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 2/10/2011 08:43:00 PM



3 comments:
Blogger JILL SITO said...

I think that's a great idea! I might adopt that resolution as well :)

2/10/2011 08:51:00 PM  



Blogger Unknown said...

There was this one geeky website (I can't remember the name of it) that had a bunch of 'hacks' for everyday life things. One that I thought was AWESOME relates to your plan here. Put all the hangers in your closet in backwards, then, when you wear a shirt, put the hanger back in facing the right way. That way, at the end of the year, you'll know all the stuff you haven't worn at all. Kind of neat! I'd do it myself, but then I would be forced to get rid of clothes that I absolutely adore, but never wear. :P

I've also done clothes swaps with friends where we all bring our reject clothes / accessories, then get to sift through what everyone brought for new treasures. Anything leftover at the end goes to Salvation Army / Goodwill, etc. It's like free shopping. :)

3/24/2011 10:22:00 AM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Sonia, thank you for passing along the hanger idea – that is actually what I'm doing! It is an easy way to keep track of hanging stuff. For things I keep in drawers, I've made dividers so that I can keep track. It's working pretty well!

A friend of mine at work's wife just had a clothing swap... it sounds like a fun girls' night.

3/25/2011 08:10:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.