HOME

Monday, January 24, 2011

whatever gets you through the night

I haven't flossed since I got sick last week.  I have, however, been given two types of floss to try out by two awesome friends who obviously love me and my teeth very much.  Reviews of said floss will come soon.

I have made two decisions recently – well, two "determinations" would be more accurate.

1) I am having trouble with the Facebook.  It seems like so many people work so hard to mystify their lives or to create an online persona.  People post things, and they make me feel inadequate.  Or defensive.  Or happy.  Or angry.  Or creeped out.  Or reminiscent.  Or envious.  Notice how the majority of those feelings are negative?  I either need to cut back the time I spend there, stop being so sensitive, or have a stiff drink.  Or some combination thereof.

To demystify my life, this is it:
--- I wake up 10-15 minutes before I need to leave if I'm not showering, or about 30 minutes before I need to leave if I'm showering.
--- I do morning stuff - get dressed, brush teeth, maybe brush hair, etc.
--- I drive to work, listening to the NPR.
--- I work.
--- I eat.
--- I work some more.
--- I go home, listening to the NPR.
--- We veg on the computers - checking the Facebook, RSS feeds, email, etc.
--- We eat.
--- We either watch a movie or go back to computering.
--- We sleep.

Why do I spend the little bit of the day I have away from work on the computer?  (I say this of course, via the computer.)  I need to make it a point to do more creative, active, non-computer, tangible things with my time.  That will probably drive the rest of my 10 resolutions.

2) I am going to read the Qur'an.  Maybe.  If I can find a good translation – we'll see.

Since I've already been completely random in this scattered, short list, I'll share a quote what I'm reading now, Men Who Stare at Goats:
"The only time that rose-colored glasses don't work is when you take them off."

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 1/24/2011 08:00:00 PM



0 comments:
Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.