HOME

Saturday, February 05, 2011

'cause every moment life is slipping away

I've made my February 2011 resolution:

compute less

This, of course, needs parameters, because I use a computer to make a living.  However, there is a window of time that I can keep away from being on a computer.  Or, at least, keep away from being online.

I was thinking of resolving to "do more," when I realized I'd naturally do more by computing less.

(Yes, I fully realize the irony of typing in a weblog while I'm saying I would like to compute less.)

In other news, the flossing is going really well.  Wendy and Sarah lent me some of their floss to try out.  I gave each a whirl, and I am going to make my very first FLOSS PURCHASE soon.  I have never purchased floss for myself – isn't that crazy?  I have also increased my speed and efficiency with flossing over the course of only a few weeks.  Needless to say, I'm quite proud of myself.  ::brag, brag, brag:: 

Hopefully, I will be as successful with my computing reduction as I have been with my flossing increase!

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 2/05/2011 08:20:00 AM



2 comments:
Blogger golriz lucina said...

i've been feeling the same way. not about flossing, but about computing. i love it & i hate it. it's my tool for work, it's how i pass time, it's where i find inspiration, but too often it keeps me from the world outside...and that's starting to bug me.

2/09/2011 10:43:00 PM  



Anonymous Daph said...

I've gotten faster with flossing too -- everytime I do it I think of you. Is that weird? :)

I *completely* feel you on the computing less thing. I work on the comp too, and it's been hard for me to find a balance and know when to walk away.

3/26/2011 09:53:00 AM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.