HOME

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

leavin' on a jet plane

I'm going to New York tomorrow to participate in the John Lennon memorial for the 25th anniversary of his death. It should be fun. I'm going alone... so this will be a new experience. Plus, I've never been to NYC in the Winter. I'm totally going to freeze my ass off.

Getting ready for a trip is always an ordeal with me when I wait till the last minute. Here's how it all went down tonight...

6:30-ish: Left work

7:00-ish: Visited with Dottie (mother-in-law) at Kristine's (sister-in-law's) house

8:00-ish: Went to CVS in search of hand warmers. Was greeted with incompetence.

8:15-ish: Went to Wal-Mart ::shudders:: in search of hand warmers. Looked around for someone to help me find them for 15 minutes. It seemed like an eternity. Finally found someone to help, and they knew where they were, once they figured out what I was talking about.

8:45-ish: Got home. Changed into pajamas. Started packing. Couldn't find the shoes I want to wear tomorrow.

9:30-ish: Realized I forgot to buy a little gift for the people who are letting me stay at their place in the city tomorrow night. Threw on jeans and ran out for some nice vodka. Forgot that I had no bra on until I got outside already. Froze.

10:00-ish: Changed back into pajamas. Finally found the shoes for tomorrow.

10:30-ish: Finished packing.

And I just realized I should probably shower, since I don't want to be filthy tomorrow, and I'm not going to get another chance to be spiffy clean till Friday night.

Blegh. I just wanna go to bed.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 12/07/2005 08:53:00 PM



1 comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to hearing about your trip. The sombre mood of the occasion aside, New York in winter is wonderful.

We were in Little Italy when it snowed on my birthday, the first time I went to New York (also my first visit to America). A passing Italian-American gentleman told me that it was the first snow of the season, which delighted me as it had happened on my birthday. Telling him this, the man smiled broadly and wished me a happy birthday "and a hundred more" before shaking my hand, as little Chinese children ran out of the shops shouting "it's snowing, it's snowing!"

A wonderful moment that was - wow - eight years ago yesterday. The night before (which incidentally was Day 365 of my 25th year, Jen), I proposed to my girlfriend at the top of the Empire State Building. She's downstairs right now, playing with our five week-old son who has just discovered how to smile.

For me, this is a good time of year.

12/08/2005 07:58:00 AM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.