HOME

Saturday, November 19, 2005

sunshine caresses each new waking hour

I woke up around 7:15, and realized that the alarm wasn't set to go off. Oh, no! So, I set it for 7:45. I thought to myself, "Whew! That was close. I could have overslept and been late for work." The clock went off at 7:45, and I hopped out of bed, brushed my teeth, and put my contacts in. I went back in the bedroom, and thought briefly about what to wear (I hate to spend too much time on this decision... it's usually grab & go). As I did this, I realized that I wore my Friday jeans yesterday. So, today is Saturday.

The light bulb went on. I don't work on Saturdays. (I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box sometimes.)

So, now I'm up early on a day off. Great. That means I actually have to be constructive. Here's a taste of my honey-do list:

--- Get an oil change.
--- Dig up the receipt for my last tire purchase.
--- Take said receipt to the store to get my tire fixed.
--- Get a money order and mail it off.
--- Get some sewing done on Xmas presents.
--- Clean to make up for doing absolutely nothing around the house while Michael was in Atlanta this past week.

I've been trying to eat more fresh vegetables lately, and I'm realizing the negative points of this diet adjustment very quickly. The positive points are mostly health-based. The negative points are that the stuff spoils really quickly, and it makes my garbage stink. Badly. And I don't like taking out the garbage.

Of course, I loathe doing the laundry even more than taking out the garbage.

And I get to do both today.

Thank goodness, I didn't talk Michael into vacuum shopping the other day, or I'd end up doing that, too.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 11/19/2005 06:12:00 AM



2 comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wacky kids and your crazy weekends! Where do you get the energy?

Hey, I live on the edge too. What did my rock'n'roll lifestyle consist of this weekend?
Rakin' THE lawn, rakin' the LAWWWN!
Rakin' THE lawn, rakin' the LAWWWN!

Meh.

11/21/2005 02:19:00 AM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Energy? What energy? I have the motivation and energy of a senior village resident.

Eh? What's that you said? Speak up, junior, I can't hear ye! And turn that hippity-hop music down!

:^)

I got everything on my list done except the sewing part. I'm quite proud of myself.

11/21/2005 09:33:00 AM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.