HOME

Sunday, October 30, 2005

... and 100 more things about Jennifer

... and 100 more things...

201. I like making "100 Things" lists. Can you tell?
202. I don't communicate very well in person, so I stay in touch with many of my friends via email.
203. I tend to either reply immediately to emails, or I take a really long time. There is no happy medium.
204. There really isn't much I can tell you about me at this point that will interest you.
205. I almost always misspell the word "about" when I type it. I usually type "aobut," and then I have to go back and correct it.
206. I also almost always type "sex" instead of "sec." (As in "wait a sec.") This can get embarrassing.
207. My number is 3 in numerology.
208. I don't necessarily believe in numerology, but I have noticed things usually happen to me in sets of 3's.
209. This is probably mostly due to my overactive imagination.
210. Sometimes, when I'm stuck in traffic or driving long distances, I figure up people's numerology numbers in my head.
211. Another game I play whilst driving is to find each letter of the alphabet in signs or license plates. I try not to play this game, though, because I can't stop it once I start.
212. When I sometimes take the stairs up to my office instead of the elevator, the floors are labeled "D" through "M," then "1," "2," and "3." As I go up the letter levels, I think of words that start with the floor letters.
213. When I play this game, I always have a theme - like animals ("D" is for "donkey," "E" is for "elephant," "F" is for...) or countries, body parts, foods, etc.
214. Call me crazy, but it keeps me occupied.
215. I have trouble keeping my thoughts from running amok sometimes.
216. I've never been able to meditate. This is probably due to the aforementioned thoughts running amok.
217. I've never been to a shrink.
218. I don't wear make-up.
219. I rub my eyes a lot.
220. This is probably because I wear contacts, and they dry my eyes out.
221. I have glasses, but I don't like to wear them.
222. I look like a librarian when I wear my glasses.
223. I'm very near-sighted.
224. If I'm not wearing my glasses or contacts while I'm on the computer, I have to almost put my nose on the screen.
225. I tend to touch the computer screen when I'm pointing to things on it.
226. This results in fingerprints, of course, and it drives some people insane.
227. Fingerprints don't bother me.
228. I'm not a "touchy-feely" kind of person.
229. I have a comfort zone radius around me most of the time. The size of this radius depends on the person... and on how much I've been drinking.
230. I have no comfort zone radius around some people. Then, I am at ease.
231. When I use the phrase "at ease," I think of the Radiohead song "Fitter, Happier."
232. I could (and sometimes do) listen to Radiohead for months at a time on repeat.
233. My favorite Radiohead song to listen to on repeat is "How to Disappear Completely."
234. This is probably because I want to disappear a lot.
235. I feel invisible sometimes.
236. This is, of course, when I'm not busy feeling conspicuous.
237. The times when I do find the happy medium between invisible and conspicuous, I immediately fall out of it once I'm aware of it.
238. It's funny how that works. I rain on my own parade a lot.
239. I'm awfully cynical when it comes to emotional issues.
240. Ironically, though, I'm very optimistic, generally speaking.
241. When it comes to facing harsh reality or living in blissful denial, I tend to chose blissful denial.
242. I like to hum or whistle when I'm by myself.
243. I didn't learn to whistle till I was 17 or 18.
244. I still can't whistle on pitch.
245. My humming is much better. I was in a choir from 1989 through 1998.
246. I was a 2nd Soprano in choir.
247. I always wanted to be a 1st Soprano, though.
248. My best friend Brianne was in choir with me. We used to fight a lot on the choir trips.
249. I've been to a few foreign countries on choir trips - England, Wales, Italy, Germany (a stop-over in Frankfurt, where they lost my luggage), Czech Republic, Slovak Republic, and Hungary.
250. On personal trips out of the States, I've been to the Bahamas and Mexico.
251. Oddly enough, I've never been any farther west in the United States than Arkansas.
252. I can easily recite the 50 states in alphabetical order.
253. This is due to a silly choir song from when I was about 9 or 10 years old.
254. One day, I'd like to visit more of the U.S. As it is, I've only been to: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
255. I actually fit into most suitcases.
256. I have loose ligaments.
257. I have never turned a cartwheel.
258. I've also never stood on my head.
259. As a result, I feel like I'm missing out on a huge part of life.
260. I like to be outside.
261. Ironically, I spend most of my time indoors.
262. If the room temperature is below 73 degrees, chances are, I'm freezing my ass off.
263. I carry a sweater with me in my car wherever I go.
264. I also carry an afghan and a pillow in my car trunk, in case I get stranded somewhere.
265. I own no firearms.
266. I own no illegal substances.
267. I do have two lazy kitty cats, a tortoise, some fish, and a snake, though.
268. I can sew, but not very well.
269. Practice makes perfect, and I have trouble finding time to practice my sewing.
270. I enjoy taking pictures.
271. I have a photo weblog.
272. It sounds vain to have a photo weblog, but I'm really not vain at all.
273. In fact, this is turning out to be a sort of project in anti-vanity... I'm forced to post a picture every day, whether I feel happy about my appearance that day or not.
274. I find most photos of myself to be highly unappealing.
275. I would love to have a better camera.
276. In the Fall, I always have an urge to go on road trips just to take pictures.
277. My favorite days are those when the sky is a deep turquoise blue, the air is crisp, and the leaves are rustly.
278. I'm not sure if "rustly" is a word, but I like to use it anyway.
279. My favorite color of autumn leaves is bright orange, when silhouetted against the aforementioned deep blue sky.
280. My favorite color of flowers is also orange (tiger lilies).
281. I also like white flowers. They're easier to find than orange flowers.
282. My favorite trees are Magnolias and Weeping Willows.
283. I like to climb trees, and Magnolias are usually easy to climb, as they have low limbs.
284. No one cares what kind of trees I like, yes, I know.
285. I'm running out of things to say. Can you tell?
286. The first live concert I saw in Nashville was Harvey Danger. There. Laugh at me. That's entertaining, isn't it?
287. I carry a little white plastic rabbit in my car's cup holder. His name is Evil Vonda.
288. On my car's dashboard, I carry a little plastic Snoopy in a fire engine, and a little army man straddles my trip meter setter thingy.
289. When I don't hear from someone for a while, I convince myself that they don't like me anymore.
290. Sometimes, I dismiss this feeling as simple paranoia.
291. Other times, I let the paranoia run its course and fall into a little bout of depression.
292. I rarely look anyone in the eye.
293. This is not because I'm dishonest, but because I'm nervous.
294. When I do look at someone's eyes, I never forget them.
295. Usually, I am a very good judge of character, once I get past my initial anxiety and paranoia.
296. I can't remember names very well.
297. I don't recognize faces well, either, since I avoid looking at people I don't know well.
298. This will be my last 100 Things List (at least for a long while).
299. I'll get bored and figure out some other sort of list to make.
300. I'm sleepy now. G'night.

Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer at 10/30/2005 09:57:00 PM



3 comments:
Blogger Tickles_Tapeworm said...

Being near-sighted really sucks. Especially when your damn glasses don't fit your head and the fall off all the time. I'm afraid to get contacts. I want that Lasik eye crap.

10/31/2005 11:45:00 PM  



Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the glasses, but I usually forget to wear contacts and then I have to wear my glasses.
I'm also always glad when I hear that other people aren't touchy-feely either. Sometimes I have to force myself to hug people. It's not so much that I hate it so much, it just seems weird tp me a lot of times.

Love your neverending lists.

11/12/2005 02:42:00 PM  



Blogger SuperP. said...

295. Usually, I am a very good judge of character, once I get past my initial anxiety and paranoia.

me: Usually I am a terrible judge of character until my anxiety and paranoia sets in.. and then I've got it all right.

Not even kidding.

2/25/2006 09:31:00 AM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.