HOME

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

jingle, jangle, jingle

When I walk with my keys on my hip, they jingle out a little rhythm, and I sing and dance in my mind like I'm Selma.

Sometimes, I'm Mary Poppins. I'm happy and singing about sugar and medicine, and the chimney sweep and the children smile at me as I do my little dance and then fly away up in the air. I fly off the bridge and float over the river. The traffic doesn't notice me, they just keep moving. But the birds flock around me, and we fly together, in and out, in our strange little air-dance...

Sometimes, I'm Gene Kelly. I'm tip-tapping my way through, singin' in the rain, and am very happy about it. The homeless fellow coming up the way joins me for a little jig as he passes on his way. I twirl and hop and glide and skip. It's so effortless when you just slap on a smile...

Sometimes, I'm Anna Pavlova. I'm twirling and leaping and bending and flowing. I tip-toe out into traffic and spin between the cars. They pay me no mind, as I let the wind from their passing take me around and around, in and out between the yellow dotted lines on the road...

And then I'm just me again, left standing there, humming a little tune, as I get my keys out and get into the car.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 10/25/2005 09:20:00 AM



9 comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't dance in my mind. I'm 6'1" and the support beams are low.

10/25/2005 12:19:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

ha! You guys crack me up.

I *wish* I'd picked up my pain meds early. Today is a day that Percocet would come in very handy.

10/25/2005 01:41:00 PM  



Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel better soon, Jennifer. Then, if I may boldly suggest, check out AKA's Fast Fiction for a quick literary sugar rush.

It's good fer what ails ye.

10/26/2005 12:11:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

It's funny you mention that... I've been trying to think up of a 4-word title for AKA's little literary endeavor. However, since I'm horrible with words, I've yet to come up with anything presentable. :^(

10/26/2005 01:19:00 PM  



Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait a minute... "I'm horrible with words"... that's four right there.

10/27/2005 02:04:00 AM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

ingenious! :^)

10/27/2005 07:46:00 AM  



Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just read AKA's FF based on JWK's "IHWW". It's VG!

(By the way, I haven't been called "mysterious" since... no, I've said too much as it is.)

10/27/2005 01:39:00 PM  



Blogger SuperP. said...

I love this post. I really do.

10/28/2005 06:00:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Thanks, Penny. You rock.

11/03/2005 08:50:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.