HOME

Thursday, August 25, 2005

contemplate the silent freeway

Yesterday didn't settle well with me. Today isn't shaping up much better.

Yesterday, I woke up 45 minutes late, because I had decided to, at one point or another during my sleep, carefully cover the top of the alarm clock with toilet paper and turn it off. Then, when I finally got to work, my lights went dim in the office, and it made me feel like I had a case of Seasonal Affective Disorder. Then, there was a birthday gathering that afternoon, and it felt odd to be around so many people in such a small room. Then, I forced myself to go work on my drawing for a bit after work. Then, I forced myself to work on my freelance projects after that.

Today, I woke up on time. Someone stopped by to fix my lights this morning. There are no birthday gatherings. I'm not drawing after work. I am working on my projects when I get home, but that in and of itself isn't a reason for me to be feeling this way. When I hear unknown laughter through the walls, I cringe. When the phone rings, I don't want to answer. When I try to focus, I fail miserably.

I thought I was over the hump, but I guess I'm not yet. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 8/25/2005 09:54:00 AM



3 comments:
Blogger Jennifer said...

I think I'm addicted to Afternoon Coffee. Blegh. I don't like being dependent on caffeine. :^P

8/25/2005 02:55:00 PM  



Blogger SuperP. said...

I love how bipolar you seem when you write. Seriously. I feel like I've met a version of myself that I like in a more understanding and accepting way that the one in the mirror. I hope you feel better, soon, though.

8/27/2005 07:03:00 AM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Don't worry, babe. I'm not bipolar; I'm just strange.

8/27/2005 05:38:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.