HOME

Thursday, August 11, 2005

in her eyes you see nothing

Pardon me for a moment. I haven't really sussed out what I'm going to say right now, so this may be a little rambly. In fact, I can pretty much guarantee it will be rambly.

Someone tried to give me a ride as I crossed the bridge last night. Do I look like a hooker, maybe? I should probably wash my hair more often and not wear low-cut shirts to work.

Someone wasn't home when I came over to draw last night, but that was okay. I did miss seeing them, but I got lots accomplished on my drawing. I am very grateful for the drawing space I've been giving in their house, and enjoyed visiting with Mr. Conan the brave and irresistible Pug and drinking chocolate soy milk.

Someone got pissed at me last night. But life will go on.

Someone was sad as a result of this certain someone being pissy at me. I hate that. But there is nothing I can do for it.

Someone stayed up with me and made sure I wouldn't say things I'd regret. I love him for this, amongst other things.

Someone hasn't yet responded to my request to drill holes in the wall to hang my curtains in my new office. I hurt my right hand before I left work yesterday whilst trying to do it myself. It still hurts today.

Someone sent me a link to this today, and I laughed myself silly over it.

It amazes me sometimes how much of an effect other people have on me and my emotions, especially when I sit and think it out like this. I ask myself, "Why are you sad?" and the question is usually that it is caused by someone else's actions toward me. "Why are you happy?" Because so-and-so did so-and-so for me. I wonder sometimes if I should let people have this much of an effect on me.

But then I stop thinking about it and move along.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 8/11/2005 11:29:00 AM



3 comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love you, too. (but not like that.)
-bri

8/11/2005 09:30:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Aw, you guys rock. :^)

8/11/2005 09:45:00 PM  



Blogger SuperP. said...

Yes, it is a hard habit to break, allowing others to dictate to you your own emotional response. However, keep in mind that people like you (and me) that are affected so, are affected because we are highly empathetic and insightful individuals.

You are awesome. Be good to yourself.

8/12/2005 07:50:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.