HOME

Friday, April 15, 2005

walking on sunshine

12:30 p.m. CST: I'm feeling great after having my workload unexpectedly lighten a bit (a lot) today. I got two hellacious print projects couriered off to the printer yesterday, and today, I signed off on the proofs. I notice that a few have taken note of my List, and that makes me smile. I still have a lot to do today - more than I can get accomplished today - but that's okay. It's a sunny day, and I venture out for lunch. They instantly recognize me at City Wraps, and they know what I want. "Santa Fe, no dairy?" they ask. I nod. I love it. I chit-chat with the cashier. I grab my food, and hit the door. I walk on the sunny side of the street.

12:45 p.m. CST: Up ahead on the sidewalk, I see two of Michael's friends crossing the street. They're such a cute couple, and I recognize their body language before I see their faces. They rush across the street together, and I think they see me, but I'm not sure. I want to say hi or wave or SOMETHING (anything!) so badly, but I can't. They're all the way across the street. I could cross the street. No, cars are coming. I see them walking away together down the sidewalk. I'm standing there waiting to cross the street with my lunch that I will eat alone. It feels like everything and everyone around me is in color, laughing, happy, talking - and here I am in black and white, standing, silent, frozen.

What a difference 15 minutes can make. I couldn't even finish my lunch.

posted by Jennifer at 4/15/2005 11:21:00 AM



5 comments:
Blogger SuperP. said...

Rapid cycling. I enjoyed it.

4/15/2005 03:30:00 PM  



Blogger SuperP. said...

ooh, I moved up a notch on the hot-list! Yay! ..uh, but don't read today's post, or I run the risk of sinking myself right off the list

I like your blog. Post more! Post More! :)

4/16/2005 04:52:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

ha! I checked out your post from today, and no, you're not falling off the list. But it definitely doesn't move you up any. :^D

4/16/2005 09:03:00 PM  



Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey yo.

I was in the neighborhood and thought I would drop in on your "blawg".

We never saw you! That really stinks. We were prolly headed to the sushi Nazi at Sam's Sushi. I wish you would've yelled at us. Please know that you're always welcome to do so.

I know we're really, really good-looking and all... but we're still people (kinda).

Josh

4/19/2005 07:28:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

ha! I'll [try to] yell or wave or somethin' next time, but I can't make any guarantees. Let me know next time you're in my stomping grounds, and maybe we can get lunch together, yo.

4/19/2005 10:34:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.