HOME

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

"The United Snakes of America"

Work is picking up the pace, so that is a good thing. I do like to keep busy. I think I have a bit of a masochistic streak, but there are worse fates than being a semi-workaholic.

I'm 95% recovered from my cold I came down with last week. So, now I can move on to whining about other things. I'll spare you this time, but just wanted to warn you that the whining will return at some point.

My friend Jack and I went to see the United States Army Field Band & Soldiers' Chorus this past Monday. It was mighty rousing. I'm still not feeling as patriotic as I think I should be, though. I have to wonder how much of the emotions I have about my country are genuine and how much are propaganda. I shouldn't be so doubtful of my own government, but it's so hard to be trusting when so many elected officials break your confidence down. I probably shouldn't listen to so much news radio. It only makes me sad.

posted by Jennifer at 10/20/2004 11:12:00 AM



0 comments:
Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.