HOME

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

nothin' like the real thing

My Epilady arrived yesterday, much earlier than I expected (thanks, Amazon!).

I epilated my left ankle. It was not pleasant, but not altogether UNpleasant. I slathered it with coconut oil cream afterward, and it was itchy and goosebumpy till this morning. Now, it's smooth and nice. ::pets ankle:: Yup, still nice.

I think I'm gonna take a soak and try it on my whole leg(s) soon, but I figured I should do a spot test first.

So far, here are the positives:
--- cheaper than shaving over the course of one year (shaving about $120)
--- not rash-inspiring like Nair
--- keeps hair gone for weeks (supposedly... we'll see)

And the negatives seem to be:
--- takes a while to do
--- sounds like a swarm of disgruntled hornets
--- feels a bit like a swarm of disgruntled hornets, also

The key seems to be to take a soak before using it and to be sure to exfoliate regularly.

Oh, my order for the purple leggings was cancelled due to lack of inventory. So, I re-ordered in red. We'll see if they come this time or if I need to post slanderous things about the website I'm ordering them from...

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 1/30/2007 01:50:00 PM



2 comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that was fast! The Epilady actually doesn't sound that bad. Like, I don't know, maybe I might give it a try. Maybe.

It sounds far less messy than Nair, but I'm still iffy on the pain thing. I'm such a crybaby (it's a good thing I don't belong to a motorcycle gang).

;)

1/31/2007 09:32:00 AM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Dude. Christa. You've had three babies, a lip ring, and a tattoo, and you're scared of a puny little Epilady? C'mon! :^)

2/03/2007 03:46:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.