HOME

Sunday, January 07, 2007

I believe I can fly

Thanks to the cute Xmas elf, Darrell, my computer has gone from 512 MB of RAM to 2.5 GB of RAM. It makes me a very happy girl. It also makes my computer much less grumbly.

Also, I learned this morning that what I have called "poke salad" all my life is actually "poke salet." Go figure. Add that to my list of words I've mispronounced all my life... ha! I'll probably stil be figuring out this thing called English when I'm 70.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 1/07/2007 09:37:00 AM



5 comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny! "Poke salad" was a phrase in a book I just finished reading, and I had no idea what in the heck it was.

"Poke it? Like, with a fork? Like, eating lettuce?"

Yeah, I know. I need a dictionary.

1/08/2007 11:00:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Nice. I'm not certain, but I *think* it grows in West Virginia. Though I'm not fond of it, I haven't tried it since I was a kid. I hear it's great scrambled with eggs. (Just don't eat the berries... they're poisonous.)

1/09/2007 02:28:00 PM  



Anonymous Anonymous said...

It also grows under our air conditioner - just so you know.

1/10/2007 01:11:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Sweet. So, Christa can come over and poke our air-conditioner-grown poke salet!

1/10/2007 01:20:00 PM  



Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! The book I was reading was a memoir about a woman who grew up in W.V., and that's where the "poke salad" thing came into play.

So we're all kinds of poke salet twins! Don't ask me to qualify it, just go with it.

;)

1/10/2007 02:21:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.