HOME

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

we can pretend it's natural

Today, after a year or so worth of mulling, I ordered an Epilady. This Epilady. Isn't it pretty?

I thought about just being hairy, but I don't enjoy the sensation. When I wear socks/tights, and it gets all pressed in the wrong direction, it bothers me. And I don't want to draw attention to myself in public. And my hair is really dark.

And we all know what fun and how cheap shaving is. ha.

Nair would be ideal, but I'm mildly allergic to it. A rash, no matter how mild, is not pleasant.

I tried waxing once. The one roughly 2.5" x 6" strip I used removed precisely one hair.

I'm a prime candidate for laser hair removal, which will hopefully fit into my (hopefully) overflowing budget one of these days. Though I seriously doubt I'll spend over $2,000 getting it done. It took a ton of convincing myself that I'm worth the $50 for the Epilady.

If anyone's interested, I'll post a review after I try it.

I also bought myself some new thermal leggings for Yoga. They are purple with flowers on 'em.

PS: For those of you who want to lament the fact that I just spent $50 on something to remove leg hair, listen to "When They Really Get to Know You, They Will Run" by Pedro the Lion... What a great song:

What makes you think that it won't
Grow back in a day or two?
Husbands in winter, they know the truth
But what can they do?

I don't like girls the way they are
So shave their legs
And make them look like movie stars
Then we can pretend it's natural
Put on whatever makes you attractive
If it's not you, then do it for the sake of fashion
Your friends like a certain you
That's who you've got to be

Junior high legs
Blond hair gone brown
From removing it
Waxing since thirteen
Wisdom from a beauty queen
Her tiara digging deep in her head

I'm starting to think that I'm kinda shy
Or at least I'd like to be

Winter legs give me heart attacks
So take it off with lasers so it never comes back
Then we can pretend it's natural

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 1/24/2007 03:33:00 PM



7 comments:
Blogger carrie said...

hehe... i tried an ancient epilady my mom had stashed in the bathroom when i was about 13 and it hurt so bad i had to stop after one shin. but then i got the bright idea to try it on my eyebrows. dont ask why i thot that would work but actually it did remove most of my right eyebrow, however unintended. so i had to finish up the other side to match of course and attempted to hide this by drawing them on. i got to look (exceptionally) stupid for about a month. hopefully you will have much better experiences with yours :p

1/24/2007 05:04:00 PM  



Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wohoo! You are so fancy! I definitely want to know how it works. Right now I'm anti-shaving, and if the urge strikes me I'll use Nair. So far, no urge. :)

Those leggings are supah, I bet they'll be comfy!

1/24/2007 09:53:00 PM  



Blogger tiara said...

Ooh, Ooh, let me know how it works!! I'm scared to death to try one of those things, but if it works, hey. I'll try anything once. But I'd rather not spend the 50 bucks on it. So you be the guniea pig!!

1/25/2007 12:34:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Carrie... I won't put it near my eyebrows. Or my face. Or my head, for that matter. Thank you for the warning. ha!

Christa & Erin... I'll be sure to let you know how it goes. ::fingers crossed:: It should arrive between February 5th and 7th, according to Amazon.

1/26/2007 12:43:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

***UPDATE*** Amazon shipped my order today, so it might get here Monday. ::excited::

1/26/2007 01:46:00 PM  



Blogger Ben said...

It may be weird hearing this from a guy, but....

there is no pain on this earth that compares to an epilady. There's just...nothing compares.

1/27/2007 08:26:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Ben - That is very strange to hear from a guy. Is there a story to go with this?

1/29/2007 10:46:00 AM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.