HOME

Thursday, December 15, 2005

strange how hard it rains now

I'm sickly, so I stayed home today. After a 4 hour nap, I decided to hop online. I discovered the joys of DJ Shovelpants and Pantagrapher.

I also found that you can order bouncy balls in bulk on the internet. Who knew?! Of course, it's just not the same as putting a quarter in the machine and turning the little knob. Or going home and being greeted with a hug from my mother... and her little sly smile as she holds out her closed hand and says, "I got you something"... and I hold out my hand and close my eyes and she drops a bouncy ball in it. Okay, so buying in bulk would totally not be the same, but still. It's fun to know that option's out there.

I have to go to driving school tonight for a ticket I got back in May. In Virginia. From a Virginia State Trooper. For going 75 in a 50 zone on the interstate. Blegh. Speed limits shouldn't be so low on the interstate.

*** Too Much Information Alert ***
Read the following stream of whining with caution.

My throat hurts. My nose is drippy. My body oscillates between chills and sweats. The doctor stuck his finger up my ass (amongst other places) today. The nurse practitioner gave me a catheter this morning. I went to the grocery store by myself and spent almost $100 on only 27 items (big, heavy items), and it took me 3 trips to and from the car in the drizzly rain to get everything in the apartment. Now, I get to go to driving school.

Aren't I a ray of sunshine?

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 12/15/2005 03:50:00 PM



2 comments:
Blogger Tickles_Tapeworm said...

You were right. TMI.

Is it like actual driving school, or is it just like a one day safety course? I got hit by a car while jaywalking, and not only did they give me a ticket, but I had to attend a goddamn traffic safety course.

12/26/2005 08:30:00 PM  



Anonymous Anonymous said...

found your blog while googling to find the lyrics to patty griffin's "rain". have you ever heard about wwoz(.org), a great radio station out of new orleans? they were playing "rain" this morning, which is why i was looking for the words. anyway, you might want to check it out. take care, bill s., arlington va

2/17/2006 03:52:00 AM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.