HOME

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

material girl

As far as pop culture goes, I am living in the dark ages. I had one of my Ready-to-Move-Straight-into-the-Senior-Village-Now Moments yesterday evening. These moments occur rarely, as I rarely step out of the comfort zone of my Jennifer Bubble long enough to notice that I'm not in sync with people my age. But when they do occur, I'm left to wonder what's wrong with me. (The last instance of this was in February.)

I'm just strange. Granted, I virtually disappear completely in a crowd, but I just don't blend. I want to blend. I want to mingle. I want to be trendy and fun and youthful and girlie and happy like a normal person my age should be. But all I think about is working and money and what is logical and practical and sensible. Of course, I've been this way since I was a kid, so it really isn't news to anyone who knows me. I'm just a bit frustrated with myself, because I'm running out of time in my life when being immature is encouraged and accepted.

::whine, whine, whine, me, me, me::

I'm going to have to go out one day and buy $300 hot pink shoes and a matching cell phone, just to see what it feels like.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 9/14/2005 09:21:00 AM



3 comments:
Blogger SuperP. said...

Do it. I've done it. It feels great.. as long as you have another three hundred lying around somewhere. If you don't.. it's as temporary as a forgetful drunk. But, pink is HOT. Seriously. We want pictures!!

9/14/2005 12:32:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

He's right. I'd never spend $300 on something nonessential all in one day... or over the course of several months even, for that matter.

Penny! It's so good to have you back! :^)

9/14/2005 06:15:00 PM  



Blogger Tickles_Tapeworm said...

If we can't live in a society where being immature is encouraged or accepted, then I don't want to live...

9/16/2005 05:29:00 AM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.