HOME

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

float upstream

I took an extra-extended weekend this past Friday through Monday, and it was nice. I got a lot of reading done, while Michael socialized at Dragon*Con. I ventured out a bit, but mostly I was nervy because there were so many people there. I finished Ender's Game, and I got most of the way through its companion novel, Ender's Shadow.

Two passages in the books stood out to me, and I thought it might be nice to share:
--- from Ender's Game:
"I know what you're thinking, Ender. You're thinking that I'm trying to control you just as much as Peter or Graff or any of the others."
"It crossed my mind."
"Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to fill the roles given you by good people, by people who love you."
--- from Ender's Shadow:
"In my view, suicide is not really the wish for life to end."
"What is it, then?"
"It is the only way a powerless person can find to make everybody else look away from his shame. The wish is not to die, but to hide."
"As Adam and Eve hid from the Lord."
"Because they were naked."
"If only such sad people could remember: Everyone is naked. Everyone wants to hide. But life is still sweet. Let it go on."

Skip the lecture series... I want pictures!:

Jennifer-and-Killer-Robot
More of Dragon*Con 2005

Puttyisadorable
Gimme more KITTENS!

Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer at 9/06/2005 09:04:00 PM



4 comments:
Blogger Tickles_Tapeworm said...

OMG, you guys are total LARPers :P

9/07/2005 03:22:00 AM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

I am SO not a LARPer. :^P Michael talked me into dressing up. He just liked to walk around in costume and get attention. No LARPing or gaming involved.

9/07/2005 08:03:00 AM  



Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found you on the bangable blog babes list. you are a major hottie!

9/09/2005 04:40:00 PM  



Blogger Tickles_Tapeworm said...

Whoever thought someone so into LARPing would also be a bangable blog babe?

Welcome to the significant other's of bangable blog babes club, Kraken. It's a hard life.

9/09/2005 05:37:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.