HOME

Friday, July 22, 2005

black cloud crossed my mind

“You have 0 new messages.” “Go to bed.” “You have 0 new messages.” “Go to bed.” “You have 0 new messages.” “Go to bed.” “You have 0 new messages.” “Go to bed.” “You have 0 new messages.” “Go to bed.” “You have 0 new messages.” “Go to bed.” “You have 0 new messages.” “Go to bed.”

It’s looping in my head, and it won’t stop. I’m not being productive. Though, I’m not exactly being counter-productive either. I just can’t get the loop out of my head.

Maybe I’ve been listening to Bjork on repeat too long.

After a while it all runs together.

“Youhave0newmessagesGotobedYouhave0newmessagesGotobedYouhave0newmessagesGotobed.”

And there’s this Beatles song called “Yer Blues,” you may have caught the references to it in the post titles lately, that is stuck in my head on top of it all. And it’s sad. John Lennon is wailing about being lonely and wanting to die. And this other Lennon song is in my head, too. It’s called “Mother,” and it’s no picnic, either. “Mama don’t go... Daddy come home.” It’s sad.

Sometimes I wish I could just pop my head open and extract these things that get stuck, because they’re clogging the way of good, constuctive thought patterns. Mental Drain-O. Now, there’s a thought to chew on.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 7/22/2005 11:35:00 AM



4 comments:
Blogger Jennifer said...

That's true. It facinates me as to how our bathtub takes forever when you want it to drain, and yet when you don't want it to drain (ie: when you're taking a bath), it slowly drains out. It just doesn't want to cooperate at all.

7/22/2005 03:35:00 PM  



Blogger Tickles_Tapeworm said...

our stinkin' drain is messed up too. Friggin liquid plumr isnt even working.

7/23/2005 01:54:00 AM  



Blogger Tickles_Tapeworm said...

i think the foaming pipe snake only works for certain kinds of clogs or something. either that, or it only relieves light block-ups. I used it at our old apartment, and it worked. Here, at our new(er) one, it doesnt do a damn thing. Im about to hook up an air compressor and just blast that summamabish open.

7/23/2005 06:11:00 PM  



Blogger SuperP. said...

I get sentences that don't even make sense stuck in my head: don't fight with my orange-juice, blue sock.. don't fight with my orange-juice, blue sock.. lets get the fryingpan outta here.

7/27/2005 09:26:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.