HOME

Monday, March 31, 2008

I know your secrets

There's a field of construction equipment that we pass by on the way to Chattanooga. I love it. It is full of bulldozers, tractors, front-end loaders, and more, and they are all lined up in a field together. They're mostly spaced equally, but some are facing one way, and some the other. I like to imagine that they are all playing a game in slow-motion. The motion is so slow that no one can see them moving.

I pick some as the referees, and the rest are players.

The game has been going on since I can remember. I'm not sure what score they're playing to or who will win. Or maybe they are just playing for the fun of the game and not keeping score.

I've been meaning to take a picture of this field of construction equipment for years, but I just can't bring myself to stop and do it. There's not really much of a good place to stop without having to dart across the interstate. And I'm not very keen on being flattened by an inattentive truck driver.

Imagine my surprise, though, when I saw a picture of this very field on this week's PostSecret Sunday Secrets. It's got to be the same field. It has to be. And it has "I forgive you" written in the sky. I have to wonder what it means.

It's on my desktop wallpaper now. And when I look at it, it varies from minute to minute whether I feel like it is speaking to me, telling me I'm forgiven... or whether I feel like I am speaking through it, forgiving someone.

And the game continues in very, very slow-motion all the while.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 3/31/2008 06:05:00 PM



1 comments:
Blogger cait said...

i thought of the same place when i saw it! and i've wanted to stop and take pictures too but i thought of it as one of those places that just can't really be captured, the picture would be flat and boring. the "i forgive you" makes it interesting again. they do seem thoughtfully placed.

3/31/2008 07:33:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.