HOME

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I watch the cars

Once, my father and I were sitting in the car in the parking lot of the grocery store. This wasn't unusual, as my mother hated for my father to go in the grocery with her. "He's like a kid in a candy store!" He so rarely went into the grocery store that he wanted everything. Bright colors, pretty, shiny. I'm afflicted with the same problem. I'm so easily distracted by visuals and textures.

But anyhow, we were sitting in the parking lot of the grocery store one Winter evening, and my father made a comment to me about the people walking to their cars. He quipped about how he enjoyed watching people go to their cars in the Winter, because everyone had a little extra hustle and bustle to their step when it was chilly out. Kind of a rush-rush hustle step.

I see people out and about in the Winter now, and I still think back to sitting in the parking lot of the grocery store with my father. And I catch myself doing the little rush-rush hustle step, and I smile.

I still smile when I think of that, and it's nice to find little things like that to smile about nowadays.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 1/22/2008 07:27:00 PM



0 comments:
Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.