HOME

Sunday, January 06, 2008

soon we'll be away from here

A series of thoughts occurred to me on the bike ride home today.

The series involved her.

I was riding, and thinking of how I hoped that the next couple of weeks will be like a nice ride for her, wind blowing in her hair, a toothy smile, a pink sunset, and no traffic.

I hope it will be a car ride with someone she loves in the passenger seat, windows down, flat terrain, and the Beatles singing "oh that magic feeling, nowhere to go" on the stereo.

I hope it will be a quiet day at home with a purring cat in her lap, a cup of hot tea, sun streaming through the window, and birds singing in the Magnolia tree.

But even if it's a rocky ride, the stereo breaks, or the cat is hissing, I hope she has had enough beautiful moments to get her through it. There is no "right way" or "wrong way" to do it. It'll just happen. And as much as I don't want it to happen, it will.

And she'll find that magic feeling somewhere down the road. Oh, that magic feeling, nowhere to go. Nowhere to go.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 1/06/2008 03:29:00 PM



0 comments:
Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.