HOME

Monday, March 05, 2007

fly away from here

Dear little bird that happened to die on our doorstep,

Please accept my deepest apologies for any part our doorstep may have played in your untimely demise. I left the front door open so the cats could see outside, since it was a temperate day, and I realize you may have mistaken this glass door for an opening you could pass through. I didn't hear any sound when/if you flew into it, so I was unable to come to aid you.

At least it appears that nothing harmed you. You were not mauled by an animal and left as a gift for us, as we responsibly keep our pointy-toothed critters indoors. I have seen first-hand what a roaming feline feels is a suitable doorstep gift for its family: legless or half-eaten birds. What a travesty.

But I should not mention such grotesque matters.

What matters is that now you are dead, unscathed, and laying on my doorstep with your delicate feet pointed toward the heavens. What should I do with you, little friend? Where would you like your mortal remains to decompose peacefully? I will find a place for you, and I hope it will be to your liking.

Peace to you,
Jennifer

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 3/05/2007 11:50:00 AM



2 comments:
Blogger SuperP. said...

You are a sweet-heart, Jen. And, for sweet hearts, the world can seem a hideous place, especially looking into the eyes of others, just remember, there is good and bad and our perception is very subjective.. we need (and by we, I mean us 'neurotics') to change our perception.. look for the good and that is what you will see. It's hard, but it is possible.

I am sensative, too.

God Bless.

3/09/2007 09:06:00 AM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Thanks, Penny. I try, but it is hard.

3/09/2007 01:52:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.