HOME

Monday, February 06, 2006

with love from me to you

Dear Mr. or Ms. Mouse living in my walls -

I've come to the conclusion that being scared of you will not do either of us any good. So, as I fell asleep last night, listening to you scratching and chewing, I visualized me petting you and feeding you peanut butter out of my hand. It eased my anxiety, and I fell asleep knowing it would be okay. I might catch you. I might not. If I do catch you, I will take you to live somewhere else. It probably won't be as warm there, but I'm sure you'll be okay. If I don't catch you, just please try not to infest my apartment with fleas. I'm really not okay with that.

Take care, and please simmer down at night.

Your friend -
Jennifer W.K.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 2/06/2006 02:24:00 PM



3 comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We set a humane mousetrap on NYE for our little visitor. You put some peanut butter in as bait, and then when the mouse comes in, a door closes and it's trapped until you take it somewhere and release it. I was part expecting to find the trap unsprung when we get back, or having to deal with an unpleasant wriggling black plastic box.

I was not expecting to find it gone. And it had. The whole thing. Disappeared.

A puzzling start to the new year.

2/07/2006 02:23:00 AM  



Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got mine from my local Homebase, which is a DIY/homewares/garden centre type superstore here in the UK. The trap is a black plastic square tube with a sharp bend in it. Looks like a weird tiny coffin.

Over where you are, for ten bucks plus shipping you can get something from a place in Tuscon that's much prettier that does the same job.

2/08/2006 06:30:00 AM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Mouse update:

I have only heard the mouse a little here and there. I'm not too worried about it. I've convinced myself that he lives in the downstairs neighbor's apartment, and he won't come visit us. (Call me crazy, but it keeps me sane.)

2/10/2006 08:53:00 AM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.