HOME

Saturday, January 07, 2006

five years, my brain hurts a lot

By request of Carrie... 5 random things about me:

1. It disturbs me when a phone call isn't ended with "bye" or "goodbye" or "good riddance" or something. Anything. I need closure.

2. I accidentally dropped a peanut into my shoe the other day. I'm not sure how that happened.

3. I did laundry today. It was riveting. Some guy tried to take my wet clothes out of the still-running washer to put his in while I was sitting RIGHT THERE. I told him those were my clothes, and he didn't understand the English I was speaking, apparently. I think he saw the glimmer of bloodlust in my eye, because he backed away slowly. His wife was at the door and she gave me a dirty look. Bitch.

4. About 5 years ago, someone once stole three shirts from our laundry. They were in the load of whites: Michael's Star Wars ringer shirt, my Nestea Plunge shirt, and one of my white tank tops with little multicolored stars on it. All three shirts rocked, and I still miss them.

5. Might as well finish this out on a laundry tangent... While I was living on campus in the dorms, I was relegated to using the dorm's laundry facilities. As my roommate and I walked in to get our clothes out of the dryers, we noticed that someone else had already pulled them out. No biggie. Less work. However, there was a girl standing with my laundry, and she was CARESSING one of my bras. Yes, totally molesting it. I'm not sure what was so fascinating about it. Maybe she hadn't seen one that small in years.

I'm not gonna tag anybody... so take it or leave it. :^)

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 1/07/2006 09:01:00 PM



5 comments:
Blogger Tickles_Tapeworm said...

Was there an uncomfortableness around asking for the victimized bra back?

Great job :D

1/07/2006 11:05:00 PM  



Anonymous Anonymous said...

My leather overcoat was stolen from a pub in Plymouth by a gang of youths. When we caught up with them, it was being worn by a sad-looking geeky kid who appeared to be their mascot, desperately hanging out with the "cool kids". Got the coat back and told their "leader" we'd fight it out next afternoon at this park near the docks, knowing full well I was driving back to London in the morning. The dumb janner is probably still waiting for me to turn up.

Off-topic, and because I know you like kitties, did you read about Cy, the adorable one-eyed kittie who lived? Quite heartbreaking.

1/12/2006 02:40:00 AM  



Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bollocks. Penultimate sentence was meant to end "who lived for just one day".

That's why you preview before you publish, I guess.

1/12/2006 02:41:00 AM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Sorry for the delay. For some reason, the email comment notification isn't working.

Tickles - No, there was no uncomfortableness in asking for the bra back... I just went straight to the adjoining dorm kitchen and hung out there till she got tired of stroking it.

Mysterious B - I'm glad you got your jacket back from the young toughs. That sounds like quite the odd situation. I'm scared to look at the one-eyed kitty link, because it might make me cry. I've been rather emotional lately. Will it make me cry, you think?

1/16/2006 09:48:00 PM  



Anonymous Anonymous said...

It actually doesn't look that much like a cat (Cy didn't have a nose), more like a little furry, friendly alien.

However, it made me come over a little unnecessary, so perhaps you ought to save the link for when you need it.

1/17/2006 02:35:00 AM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.