HOME

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

ba da da da da da ba bum... tequila!

This is what I remember from my tequila-driven New Year's Eve:

Josh gave us (Michael, Jesse, Jason, and me) a ride to Chris Ward's house. Chris Ward wore a Monty Python hat, and insisted for everyone to wear party hats. I wore one atop my toboggan Christa made for me. It rocked. Ward's lady friend Tracey had prepared a bounty of food, and it all was delicious (the unmeaty, uncheesy parts, anyhow). Jason, Kayla, Michael, Josh (I think), and I had a shot* of tequila.

Jason (my shot buddy) and I discussed the plan of attack for the evening, and decided to do another shot. We toasted. I don't remember what I toasted to. I can't remember if we sat down in between or not, but we had another shot. Jason toasted to his new plot he came up with at work that day (and I really hope that works out well for him!), and I, ironically, toasted to not getting sick. Or maybe that's what I toasted to the other time. Hell, I don't remember.

DSC05868

DSC05870
DSC05871

DSC05873
DSC05875

DSC05874
DSC05878

DSC05881

At some point, I got a beer** and some chips. I sat on the couch and proceeded to take pictures and spill the chips all over the floor. I got more chips at some point, and I think I spilled those, too. I asked Chris Ward if I could wear his hat later. He said yes, but I never got the chance to wear it.

Kayla then asked me to do a shot, so I, of course, did. I'm a glutton for punishment. Seemingly a few minutes later, we did another. I don't remember much of that.

Later, I woke up in Ward's spare room, covered in vomit, on an air mattress. Michael fussed at me for making a mess. I yelled at him. "Let's go home." "NO!" "C'mon, you've made a mess here." "YES! NO! YES!" "Let's just go home." "YES! NO!" "Kitties love you... c'mon, they're at home waiting on you. You love kitties, don't you?" "NO! YES!" I vaguely remember this.

I went to sleep.

I woke up alone. I heard counting... "...NINE! EIGHT! SEVEN!..." I drifted off again.

I woke up freezing cold.

I went back to sleep.

I woke up.

I went to the bathroom and puked.

I slipped some water and puked again.

Michael took me home, and I thought I was going to DIE Sunday.

The End.

Lesson learned: I already knew it was stupid to drink so much so quickly. However, I did learn something new the next day (Sunday), and that was that butter rice cakes aren't altogether unpleasant when they come back out the way they went in.

* 1 shot = a rough estimate in a Solo cup
** Mike's Hard Limeade

Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer at 1/03/2006 08:58:00 PM



7 comments:
Blogger Tickles_Tapeworm said...

Puking is teh suq. But at least you didn't do anything dumb or regrettable. Did you? :D

1/03/2006 09:11:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Tickles - No, I didn't do anything dumb or regrettable. Well, I do regret puking all over Ward's sheets. And yelling at Michael. But, no, I don't recall doing anything gossip-worthy.

DJ - Yeah, I think Michael had given up on any kind of normal line of questioning at that point, and he was just trying to entertain himself. Or something. I'm not sure.

1/04/2006 07:23:00 AM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Wow. I don't remember you being there for the count. Do you at least remember midnight? :^)

1/04/2006 02:52:00 PM  



Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, you crazy kids.

My NYE party highlights involved winning DVD Triv and no poop when changing my son's diapers. Two beers and a sip of Lanson. Rock'n'roll.

We did have karaoke, though. What did people sing at yours?

PS In my mind's ear, your voice sounds like Janeane Garofalo and Michael sounds like Seth Rogen. I'm way off probably, but thought it worth mentioning. Who else do you really sound like?

1/05/2006 03:13:00 AM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Who do we sound like? I don't know any celebrities. I'll have to do some research for that one.

When I sing, I've been told I sound like Betty Boop. Boo-boop she-doo bee! :^)

Tickles, you've heard Michael's voice. Who do you think he sounds like?

1/05/2006 10:35:00 AM  



Blogger Tickles_Tapeworm said...

He'll get mad if I say. :D I was just really let down when I had to face the fact that he DOESN'T sound like Vinnie Barbarino :(

1/05/2006 02:55:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

"He'll get mad if I say." Hmmm... still wondering about that one...

1/07/2006 09:06:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.