HOME

Thursday, February 16, 2006

but I'm running behind

I cleaned off the cork board today, and I found a quote I cut out of a book:

"Each thing I do I rush through so I can do something else. In such a way do the days pass – a blend of stock car racing and the never ending building of a gothic cathedral. Through the windows of my speeding car, I see all that I love falling away: books unread, jokes untold, landscapes unvisited..."

That's all. Just thought I'd share.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 2/16/2006 10:16:00 AM



2 comments:
Blogger Jennifer said...

Found the rest of it here:
http://stephenking.kraftysworld.co.uk/novels/pursuit.htm

Stephen Dobyns -- "Pursuit" from Cemetery Nights, 1987

2/16/2006 01:14:00 PM  



Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's one of my fav poems, perhaps reflects who i'm or what im
trying to be, both, a victim and a murderer of my time. im italian.

baci!
federico
federico.benigni@gmail.com

4/18/2006 04:43:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.