HOME

Monday, April 09, 2007

you’re screwing it wrong

Today should have been my productive day. I was planning all last week for this to be my super-productive git-'r-done day.

As you've probably guessed, today was not my super-productive day.

As you've probably also guessed, I'm not happy about that.

(You're such a smart cookie.)

Today was my do-it-then-do-it-again and again and again day. In honor of the occasion, it was also my wait day. Wait and wait and wait.

Lots of repetition today.

The only thing I like to repeat over and over is consuming chocolate. Or cake.

Dammit.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 4/09/2007 02:07:00 PM



3 comments:
Blogger SuperP. said...

Somedays I wish I could curl up on a soft couch under a down blanket with a lap top and some hot tea, a nice stream of diffused sunlight the only intrusion for my life and work from home, away from people, without timelines, stopping here and there for a nap or to change a CD or to check my email, one of the only places I'd communicate with the outside world.

I am a closet introvert. I am secretly shy.. or maybe just secretly too bored or too lazy to put in the effort to be gregarious... I don't actually know. Because while I know myself so well, I know that who I am deep, deep down, isn't as functional as I need be. Because many days, I'd like to curl up on a soft couch, under a down blanket and hide from the world with tea and a kitty and the universe of the internet at my fingertips..

When I read you like you've written here, I feel like you might know what that means.

But, I hope that you get out and make yourself enjoy life and feel better and do not be too hard on yourself. We all go through phases. Or, maybe I'm just projecting.

This too shall pass.

..don't mind me.. exams..

ugh.

Feel better, Jen!

4/10/2007 05:58:00 AM  



Blogger The Atavist said...

I had a day like that too, yesterday. Maybe it's contagious?

4/11/2007 12:42:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

A soft couch with a fluffy blanket would be sublime, even on a good day. :^) It has passed for now... thank you, Penny, for you empathy and kind words.

Atavist - yes, it may possibly be contagious... seems like it's been going around lately. Take plenty of vitamin C and rest till it passes over... :^)

4/14/2007 08:07:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.