HOME

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

stating point of view

I'm officially addicted to email. I sent all my contacts (the ones I knew weren't aware of the change) an email yesterday that I am no longer using my jenniferwk gmail address. (I'm now using physsie at gmail for personal emails and jenniferwrightdesign at gmail for work-related emails.)

Simple, eh?

But I've still been checking the old address all day. Why? Your guess is as good as mine. I think I'm just plain obsessive-compulsive about it. Hopefully, I'll get over it soon. I'm getting on my own nerves.

In other news, I've been keeping busy working, and I planted an elephant ear today. Yesterday, I planted some monkey grass. And the day before that, the surprise lillies bloomed. Surprises, monkeys, and elephants. Can't get any more fun than that!

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 7/18/2006 07:00:00 PM



5 comments:
Blogger carrie said...

you may have done this already, but I thought I'd mention it just incase..
I changed gmail accounts a couple months ago and set the old one to forward all mail coming to the old address to the new one and to mark it with a star so that I would know what was still coming in thru the old account without actually having to log into it all the time.

eep. now I just hope that made sense :( sorry!

7/18/2006 07:17:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Nah, I didn't do that, because I don't know which box I want which emails to forward to. Since I want to separate personal and work, I don't want to forward them all to one instead of the other. So, I'll just stick with being silly about it.

But thank you for the suggestion. :^)

7/18/2006 07:55:00 PM  



Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or you could set up a permanent "virtual" (domain name based e.g. me@jensblogrules.com) e-mail address that forwards to your "physical" (mailbox e.g. jensblogrules@gmail.com) e-mail address. That way, if your mailbox changes (e.g. jensblogrules@new-isp.com) you can swap and keep your existing "virtual" address.

Always Think Geek.

7/19/2006 03:47:00 AM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

I thought of that, too... but then I'd have to check it with Entourage instead of online, and if I checked it online, it'd be all messy.

Okay, so yeah, I'm very strange.

I might do that in the future. I have free email forwarding with my domain account, so it might be worth my while to set it up.

7/19/2006 09:07:00 AM  



Blogger admin said...

Jennifer,

I understand the email compulsion. It's kind of the same bug that makes people whip out their cell phone every six minutes "just in case" somebody tried to call them.

Have you ever read Steve Pavlina's blog? Honestly, he's kind of a geeky sounding guy, but what he writes really makes a lot of sense to me. It's motivational and common-sensical.

Check out this entry about email management:

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/03/efficient-email/

7/21/2006 10:52:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.