HOME

Sunday, July 09, 2006

brand new pair of rollerskates

I got a spiffy new pair of rollerskates today. The old ones (which I still ADORE and am aspiring to learn to skate in one day) have no stoppers. Which means no stopping and starting for me. So, I got a new pair with stoppers on both feet and they have ankle support, to boot - pun intended.

While looking up some helpful tips for skating, I came across the advice below, and thought I would share for anyone interested:

Avoid cobbles at all costs! Consider tyre chains for your skates’ wheels in frosty weather. Rosin is an option for the front wheels of your skates when skating en pointe. Make the acme of your artistic endeavour Swan Lake on rollerskates. Avoid the Dying Swan number. Kneepads are practical, but you need to make sure your tutu, gown, or kilt covers the knees so the magic is not lost.

Suggested outcries while engaged in the rollerskating process are: "Wheeeeee!", "Whoooops!", "Arrrrrgh!" "Help!", "Watch out!", "One side!", "Ooooof!", "Where are the brakes on these things?" and "#$%^&*(()(*&^^%!!!!!!!!".

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 7/09/2006 08:38:00 PM



3 comments:
Blogger SuperP. said...

And.. "On your left! On your left! ..And when I get there.. grab me and slow me down"

7/10/2006 09:04:00 PM  



Anonymous Anonymous said...

My skating catchphrase has always been "get out of my way, I don't know what I'm doing".

And my skiing catchphrase. And my driving catchphrase. And my shopping catchphrase.

7/11/2006 05:05:00 AM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Ha! I pulled my dad down at the skating rink once. I felt so bad, I've never grabbed anyone whilst skating again.

Nice catchphrase, B. But does it work? (I think if I shouted that here, everyone would just stop to rubberneck instead of actually moving out of the way.)

7/11/2006 08:33:00 AM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.